+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

myrosiedog: Glad your doggies are enjoying their new home! Sounds fun with a hill and all.

UncleDavid: I'm glad your girls are home safe and sound from their hospital visit. My kitties rebounded from their surgery very fast. I hope their tummies heal quickly. Sending Greta and Ella Get Well Wishes!

Attachment 18053
    Nurse Kitty
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-17-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Sorry Lois! Just had to do it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    M_shell: I thought you'd talked your boyfriend into getting a cat. What happened?
    He still says I can have one, but now I have to wait until we move...or the people upstairs move (we rent the basement and our friends rent the upstairs). They have two dogs, a huge Great Dane and a misbehaving Rottie/Mastive.
    They don't have a problem with us getting a kitty, but we aren't sure if the Rottie would kill it if it got upstairs. Evertime she gets loose she destorys the house and eats everything in site (pictures, cell phone batteries/chargers, cloths...basically everything she can get her lips around) So we think that we will be better off to wait, I couldn't take the heartache of waiting years for a kitten only to have it eaten.
    So I am relying on you guys for lots and lots of pics.

I heard the other day from a lady I work that you can have them fixed once they reach 2lbs. She keeps them for the SPCA until they are big enough to be fixed and adopted. Im not sure how old they would be at 2lbs, its been too long since I had a baby of my own.

In loving memory of my sweet Charlie... may he live a long and loved life as Moe.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Uncle David, I'm glad the girls are home and doing well and that Moe found a new home. When I first read you were burning pictures to a cd, I stopped at "burning pictures" and thought, wow, he really hates the name Moe so much he's burning all the kitties pictures . Then I read the rest and felt stupid of course.

Unklescott, my vet had me wait until my cat was 5 or 6 months old as well before neutering. I think males still have to wait a little longer than females because the testicles have to be developed enough and some cats develop sooner or later than others. They will examine the cat and see if he's ready.

Charlie Moe (he's a Suthren boy?) is adorable. I really have to stop coming into this thread - I WANT MORE KITTENS!!!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    wow, he really hates the name Moe
    Thanks Archie! I really needed that belly laugh this morning.

I caught Hardy sitting on my scales today. He weighs 5 lbs. So of course I had to put Laurel on there too. He weighed the same, maybe just a touch less. Tigger only weighed 6 pounds towards the end. It looks like Laurel is catching up. I can't really tell much difference in them anymore. I don't think they are cats, they are more like Pavlov's dogs. All I have to do is shake their cat food bag and they show up in 2.2 seconds.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I don't think they are cats, they are more like Pavlov's dogs. All I have to do is shake their cat food bag and they show up in 2.2 seconds.
    That sounds like my Pumpkin. He hears me getting a treat for the dogs and comes flying in, leaps up on top of the bookcase and meows with his mouth wide open for his little Greenies.

Awww, UncleDavid. Moe is still so totally adorable! Do you know why he is called Moe? Is there a Curly and Larry?

Cats have particularly excellent hearing skills. They immediately know the difference between shaken Whiskas treats, the can opener opening a tin of tuna, and the crack of a lid of yogurt. Impeccable hearing, actually.

Bless their little hearts
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread