+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Oh, Unk, they're so CUTE! And yours are too, UncleDavid.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Uncle David, you have two little beauties, there. I love the look on Greta's face. She looks like she's up to something naughty.

Unklescott, that's just precious. I'm so glad to see the boys still adore each other.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD
    Well we don't have fireflies in Florida, but they are plentiful up here, so my two dogs have been fascinated with them. They are so funny to watch. Bogie noticed them first and I saw his ears perk up, then Rosie saw them and they kept watching and searching and everytime one would light up, they'd flick their ears and wag their tails. They were motionless for about 5 min. watching them. They never tried to chase them, but you could tell they were just amazed.

They have only been around a cat one time and that was years ago and for a short period. Well there is a cat next door and they want to be friends with it, but the cat thinks otherwise and runs from them, so of course, they chase it. Now they go out looking for the cat every morning. We have a glass storm door and they sit there looking out and the cat started yesterday parading up and down in front of the door driving the dogs wild.

This is either going to be real fun or real annoying.

Our new house is also on a hill, so they've had a blast running down the hill doing flying tackles on each other. One waits until the other is at the bottom of the hill and then the other runs gaining momentum and then launches themselves at the other. It's really funny. They have taken to our new area like ducks to water. I know they are going to love the cooler weather too, will make them frisky.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well, myrosiedog, as a cat cohabitant who lives and has lived next door to dog owners, it is a lot of fun for the cathouse .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I love coming into this thread, its always filled with pictures of the cutest kitties. It makes me so excited for the day I get to have one again. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my doggie Rocko, but I cant wait to have a pet I pick up.
    Until then I will keep coming in here to love all your kitties.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    M_shell: I thought you'd talked your boyfriend into getting a cat. What happened?

OK, the girls went in today to get 'tutored'. (Gary Larson reference) When I got there I left them in the car and had the vet assistant go out and get them. So, I didn't actually deliver them to the knife. Boy were they glad to see me when I came to rescue' them.

On a sad note, Charlie is no longer with us.

On the other hand, Moe (stupid name) has found a good home with one of the receptionists at the vet's office. He's doing great there and I'm thrilled. I'm going to burn all of the pictures I took of Charlie (do I really have to call him Moe ) onto a CD and give them to her.

Right now the girls are shy about showing their scars. Pix to come later.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

That's good that Charlie Moe found a home. At least he should be very well taken care of. How old are the girls? My vet said to wait until the boys are 5 months old which will be around the first of October.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    The girls are only 18 weeks old. I've been reading up on this and they've been revising down the age at which to spay the kittens. 3 1/2 months is fine when the kittens are healthy and of normal size.

Check out some of the sites Unk. You may find the reasons for earlier spaying compelling.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Unk, I took Fred in at 17 weeks and they were fine with it. Then again, I went to the Humane Society, not a regular vet.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    On a sad note, Charlie is no longer with us.
    Oh gees! Don't ever do this again! I didn't see the smiley face at the end and took it for face value! It scared the heck out of me! So glad to hear Charlie/Moe has found a loving home! Yay!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-17-2006 at 11:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread