+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    What would be the purpose of calling your cat ugly? That cat is not an ugly cat - absolutely adorable! - I hope you HISSED.
    I hissed on the inside. I wish I had a snappy comeback but I was so shocked and taken aback that I think I just sat there with my jaw flapping in the air... I should've hissed out loud! (And thanks for the compliment! He is pretty adorable!)

I just saw a really cute story about a jack russell named Mindy who took her first skydive with her Dad. And she liked it! I couldn't find a photo though.
    -------------------
    EDMONTON -- Wearing a harness that took weeks to make and a diaper -- in case of mid-air accidents -- a dog took her first two skydiving jumps last weekend.

Mindy, a three-year-old Jack Russell, carried the Jonoke Skydive Team's hopes of beating dog skydiving records with her when she took the plunge Saturday.

"The first time was pretty quick," Al Christou, Mindy's owner, said yesterday.

Mindy's first jump was just a five-second freefall.

Mindy was diving under a canopy strapped to a tandem skydiving master from Edmonton's Skydiving Centre.

"She kept looking at us (on the way down)."

"When she landed (the first time), she was spinning around in circles," Christou said.

She made her second jump Sunday, this time freefalling 9,000 ft. for 40 seconds.

The idea started as a joke between members of the Jonoke Skydive Team at their office more than a year ago.

"We began searching all over the Internet to see if it had been done," Christou said, adding he was surprised to find a record had been set in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Mindy's got her work cut out getting into that book. The current record for most jumps performed by a dog is 73, Christou said.

The highest dog jump on record is 15,000 ft. -- about a minute and 20 seconds of freefall.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/...56691-sun.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Are you sure it wasn't name Rosie or Bogie?

So I'm sitting here earlier tonight watching BB and posting when I here this noise behind me. I'm wondering what the boys have gotten into. I turn around and find them playing in a shoe box.

Just a few minutes I go I found Hardy sitting in the box. so of course I had to close the lid on it. He started playing in the box, scratching at it and of course Laurel came running over. They had me in tears laughing. I'm glad my camera was right here.

Oh Unk, those pictures are so bittersweet for me. Our boys are really growing up, aren't they?

Their mother, btw, was rocketing herself under the living room rug tonight and tunnelling around. She should have grown out of that silliness by now, so expect your boys to act like kittens for some time to come.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    That's hilarious! Was one of the boys in the box in that last photo?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Oh Unk, those pictures are so bittersweet for me. Our boys are really growing up, aren't they?

Their mother, btw, was rocketing herself under the living room rug tonight and tunnelling around. She should have grown out of that silliness by now, so expect your boys to act like kittens for some time to come.
    They're a hoot. They discovered what's behind the shower curtain and I can't keep them out of the tub. They walk the tub between the shower curtains while I'm in the shower. Hardy fell in the other day. He was right back up there the next day. I certainly hope they stay this way for a long time.
    Yep Uncle David, Laurel had captured Hardy in the box.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    No surprise that my house is like yours Unk. A series of battles and truces followed by sleep.

First they battle...

They they rest...

Then they battle again...

In the end, to the victor goes the hat...

Luckily for me I have three computers and therefore three computer chairs. So instead of locking me in by sleeping on my legs they simply sleep in the chair closest to me.

God love you for inspiring me to adopt these two little sweeties Unk.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

UnkleScott and UncleDavid: I just grin myself something stooopid when I see your photos of Greta and Ella, Laurel and Hardy!!! Thanks so much for continuing to post them and brighten my every day.

Gosh they are absolutely precious little beings.

FYI. My older kitts still play in boxes, and between the shower curtains, so don't expect those games to end anytime soon

BTW, have you tried letting them help you change the sheets on the bed? That's always worth an hour of fun!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    BTW, have you tried letting them help you change the sheets on the bed? That's always worth an hour of fun!
    I don't want to get that one started. Ask Uncle David why.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Unk... you must be psycho! (I mean psychic ) That is EXACTLY when it starts. And yet the little beauties (monsters) sleep all afternoon long.

I made the mistake last night of showing them the magical land under the sheets. 3 AM there they were trying to get under the sheets to play.

Ahhh.. the joys of parenthood!
    Here's what happened about 5 minutes afte the playing in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    God love you for inspiring me to adopt these two little sweeties Unk.
    No problem.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 08-16-2006 at 08:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread