+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll View Post

catmom3 - I LOVE your aviator pic, s/he looks like a little furry person vegen out watching TV.

]
    Thanks M_shell. That is a pic of our boy Stuffy. When he was still with us he sat like that alot. He was our little ham, so we have alot of pics of him.

Catmom - Stuffy and Henry (my avatar) look like they both like sitting on the couch!

M-Shell - that has to be the longest tongue ever! Hilarious! What kind of dog is Rocko?
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie View Post
    Catmom - Stuffy and Henry (my avatar) look like they both like sitting on the couch!

M-Shell - that has to be the longest tongue ever! Hilarious! What kind of dog is Rocko?
    She is a Pitbull x Newfoundlander cross, but Im not sure what species her tounge is. She loves to lick at your face, if you blow in her face she licks at the air, and if your not careful she will get you inside your mouth. Its happened to my boyfriend and I MANY times.

I was thinking more about the doggy/car wash and that might be in Saskatoon, I just moved to Calgary and sometimes get my wires crossed. But there is a doggy wash here, my boyfriends company did all the service work for it.

Does anyone here know how to take a dogs picture without getting those creepy glowing eyes? I try to get her to look away when I take the pic, but that doesn't work all the time.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    If you don't have a red eye option on your camera try getting a stronger light source behind you when you take the picture. You need enough light to constrict the pupils.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    If you don't have a red eye option on your camera try getting a stronger light source behind you when you take the picture. You need enough light to constrict the pupils.
    I do have a red eye setting, but I thought that it wouldn't work cause they are more of a blue green glow than red. I'm going to try it out tonight, and thats a really good idea about the light source. Thanks for your help.

Hopefully I will have some new pics without crazy eyes soon.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    THESE are crazy eyes.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Yeah, those ARE crazy eyes, really cute crazy eyes though. My boyfriend hates cats, but promised me that if I moved to Calgary he would get me one, my birthday is coming up and that is the EXACT cat I want, kinda small and all black. Now I am getting too excited to wait...

M shelll: I heard that Calgary has a brand spanking new SPCA that is huge. It's somewhere in the S.E. I think? My sweetie won't take me there. He knows HE'LL come out with a couple of kitties!

UncleDavid: They may be crazy eyes, but certainly not evil eyes...not in that sweet black furry body!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I know a lot of people only feel that this is a hobby, but my wife and I keep fish. We currently live in a condo, so we only have room for a single 30gallon hexagon tank. But even though it's only a small space we love its residents none the less. 2/3 of our fish have been with almost 6 years. You do get attached after a while, even if there just fish.

Our "prize" fish is a really cool royal pleco catfish. He is a real cool variety because he has all sorts of markings on his tail and belly. I wish I could figure out how to post a pic galdarnit. I've read the help file but still haven't got the hang of it. Ah well, I'll try and get some fish pics up in the comiing weeks.

Edit: We also have a lovely red and white beta fish named budwiser who lives in a giant glass vase in our kitchen.

Fish -- More than a hobby!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    A couple of weekends ago we decided to get our goldfish a bigger tank and a couple of buddies. Here it is. I love watching them....so relaxing.

Sorry for the yuuuuuggge picture but I uploaded a regular one is this is what opens up.

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com
    Not a clear picture but here is a more recent one, we have the tank only not the large goldfish, just the other 2. The black one is getting pretty big. BTW the tank is clean - they were eating!
    Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

+ Reply to Thread