+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

UncleDavid: Aawww, You're killing me, man. Too cute.

misskitty: How about your sweetie visits you to help out with the box o' kitties you are about to adopt?

Glitterneffball: Thanks for the giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    myrosiedog,he is one sweet little dude - I love me some Jack Russells.

And I don't think you're dumb. As I added to the post of my boys last week, I can't figure it out either.

DixiePixie, how do your boys get along with the rabbit. I have a deep and abiding love for the bunnies and would love to get one, but am really quite afraid of what the Harv might do.
    They're fine with him. Callie doesn't seem to mind him too much, she just stares at him when he's running around the house and ignores him.
    Lucky likes to chase him and sit with him. When he was a kitten he would sit on top of the bunny cage and stick his paw down inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Absolutely PRECIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball View Post
    Doxie! Henry is looking handsome as ever in that photo! Glad to hear he gets his exercise though

And rattus, mine is a female but flops on my feet, sits on the chair I HAVE to have next to me when I'm at the computer, and prefers to use the litterbox when I'm in the bathroom too. She's a sweet little shadow.

Here is her "Paparazzi" shot, nice compromising position:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/savepennynow/drunk.jpg
    Are these two related I wonder?? Joey and Glitters feline appear to have the same markings and tendencies to "expose" themselves.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just1paul; 07-22-2006 at 08:36 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Could be Gabriel! No one has any idea where Bobo came from (I call that shot of her her drunk Tara Reid party girl shot, lol). She just appeared at the shelter one day from a woman who was moving, had three cats and decided she only wanted two, bobo was the odd cat out. She was immediatelty sentenced for Euthanasia because she freaked out when put in her cage and bit a handler. She lucked out in that a rescue group was there that day, and although it took a couple months and a mayoral pardon to win her freedom, here she is.

So she could have come from anywhere, and no one can figure out her age. Their patterns are incredibly similiar. Joey and Bobo, reunited at last

And I love that shot of Joey behind the scratcher, lol, too cute. I also have one of Bobo on the bed in a similiar position to your Joey there, I'll have to find it. I love how Joey looks like a cat puddle there.

And rattus and everyone else, your photos fill me with joy too! It's especially great after watching another horrid newscast to come here and see such love anc companionship on display.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    UncleDavid: Awwwwww that is the sweetest picture ever. I just luv it when kittens sleep all together like that!

Glitternerfball: Your girl is so sweet, regardless of the pose She is so white with that great black tail It looks almost painted!

---------

Well, I was just spitting watching the news today. Some idiot dropped off a puppy and another @(##&#@ dropped off 7 cats/kittens in two small closed cardboard boxes and a carrier and left them overnight at the SPCA outside, in this heat! No water. Nothing.

One kitten was dead when they opened one of the boxes. Another is in critical condition. The puppy was suffering from heat exhaustion. The SPCA now has 200 more animals than they are built to hold and are now asking the public for help in fostering some animals until they can alleviate the crowding. Only 3 pets were adopted today.

I almost got into my car and drove down there and picked up a box of kittens to take home for a month or two. But I know if I do that, I won't want to give them away. And my family will not support me in helping them or look after them if I go out of town. Which means no visits to my sweetie.

I think I should just give up my sweetie for the box of kittens! What do you think?
    YEAH! toss aside the sweetie and get the kittens.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by doxie View Post
    Great pictures!

Rosie - our JRT is the opposite of Bogie. Simon goes insane during storms. He races through the house and barks at the thunder. I think that he thinks that the thunder is barking at him! He (despite vet prescribed "dog prozac" and being almost 13 years old) is incredibly hyper. Yesterday, I caught him standing on our dining room table eating the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that I have been working on for a week. Simon and Henry play tag for about as long as it takes Henry to waddle away and find somewhere else to nap.

If anyone is interested, I have a recipe for ice cream for dogs. I don't know if cats would like it but our dogs love it and it's easy to make. I'd be happy to post it.

I have an upright behemoth of a vaccum cleaner. It has a cloth bag (It's a Kirby) and when I vacuum, Bogie barks and runs at it and bites the bag and then darts off and then sneaks up from behind for another go. I don't know if he thinks he's protecting me from a monster or what, but that is one of the few times he barks. And with his phobia of thunder and fireworks, I wonder why the vaccum doesn't scare him. My mom's Golden Retriever wouldn't even come out if the vacuum was out, even if it wasn't running at the time he was so scared of it. Ours really aren't barkers, for which I am very thankful. Rosie growls and grunts. I swear she is trying to talk to us. She tries to "purr" when you pet her, emitting a series of grunts. Her grunts and sounds change pitch. length and volume and she will look at us and grunt and growl like she's trying to carry on a conversation. About the only time they both bark is when they see another dog. And if we leave the dining room chairs pulled out, she gets in the chair and sits there like she is waiting for us to put dinner on the table. Both have been very good about not getting on the table, however, I left part of my lunch on the side table next to my tv viewing chair and when I came back it was gone. No idea which one got in my chair and helped themselves. They are shameless beggers and moochers.

I'd love the dog ice cream recipe.

All these adorable kitties make me want one so badly. Unfortunately, I'd have to move out if a cat moved in. I am so allergic that I have a problem going to people's houses that own cats and today we get to go to the vet for shots and I dread it as I start sneezing, itching and eyes watering as soon as I walk in and there doesn't even have to be a cat in the office at the time.

Keep sending the kitty pictures. I can admire from afar.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I think I should just give up my sweetie for the box of kittens! What do you think?
    I say dump the sweetie, get the kittens and we'll all be your sweetie.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

anemone: How about your sweetie visits you to help out with the box o' kitties you are about to adopt?
    gabriel: YEAH! toss aside the sweetie and get the kittens
    Uncle David: I say dump the sweetie, get the kittens and we'll all be your sweetie.
    Awww you guys are just the best. I talked with sweetie last night. He's not amused. He'll still visit, but not help with the kittens. He actually had the nerve to compare me to a lady with 90 cats in-the-making. And I only have two right now. But yes, he's sees that once I start I may not stop. I have difficulty giving up little precious bundles of love. He is also right in that I do not always have the energy I need just to do day-to-day things.

I haven't discussed fostering (not adopting) with Mr. Tootles or Gracie yet and am thinking they will not be amused either. They were quite insistent on major affection and attention this morning.

I may go to the shelter this week and see if there's anything else I might be able to do for them. Poop. I was really looking forward to kitties.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Bogie and Rosie went to get their shots this morning. We go to the traveling vet for this because it is much cheaper. They do see the regular vet once a year for checkups tho.

The only problem with the traveling vet is that you stand in line outside in the heat (at least its shaded) and fill out the forms with dogs on leashes pulling your arm. I hope they could read my form as the pen got drug off the page several times. Today was Jack Russell Day. There were 5 JRT's and 3 other dogs. My dogs do not like other dogs, so while I have them on a short leash, I have to also keep my distance from the other dogs. Rosie especially thinks she is a rottwieler and its her duty to rid the world of other dogs. So after a half hour of standing in the heat and having my arms pulled out of their sockets and having to listen to some old bat complaining about every little thing and (this is what peeved me) how HER dogs are AKC registered, are mine???? (all I heard was AKC this and AKC that. I wanted to say like I used to say in college when asked what soriety I was in: No, they are GDI's* like their mama), I am now off to meet a friend for lunch and I am having a BIG margarita. Rosie and Bogie had a treat and are now sleeping off the big excitement of riding in the car, getting to bark at and sniff other dogs and having people fawning all over them. They don't mind the shots tho, thank goodness. They will definetly go in the crate when we move as I cannot drive with them in the car doing back and front seat gymnastics. They never used to be this bad, but we have a bigger car and I guess bigger stage for them to perform in now.

They did this at a local pet store and I had gone inside (the store sells birds and fish and supplies for other animals), they had the MOST BEAUTIFUL adult cat in there for adoption I had ever seen. He was gorgeous! And he kept meowing at me. I wanted him so badly. He was long hair with a huge bushy tail and was white and Morris the Cat orange. Just absolutely adorable and HUGE. Beautiful yellowish/green eyes too. I would be heading to divorce court if I had brought him home tho and I would also be in allergy hell for the duration of ownership. But man, I wanted him so bad. I just know he would have been a darling to have.

(*GDI stands for god da** Independent in case you are wondering! )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Rosie - too funny about the vacuum cleaner. Simon attacks ours too. The only thing that I can think of that he's ever been scared of was a water bowl..... It had a place where you could attach a two liter bottle of water to it and it would refill itself as the dogs drank from the bowl. Of course, it made a "glug glug" noise and Simon was just petrified. He backed up and growled at it the first few times and then he got to the point where he would not even walk by the bowl, much less drink out of it.

Here is the ice cream recipe. Our local humane society sold little cookbooks with recipes for dogs and cats as a fundraiser a few years ago, so I have other recipes too. Most of them require more ingredients and time than I usually put into cooking for humans but this one is quick and easy and our dogs love it.

Yogurt Pupsicles
    1 Tbsp. hot water
    1/2 Tsp. chicken bouillon granules (low sodium if that is a concern)
    16 oz. tub plain nonfat yogurt

Stir bouillon into hot water until dissolved. Combine bouillon mixture with yogurt in a blender and process until smooth. Spoon into ice cube trays and freeze. Serve frozen.

Note - I don't mess with the blender for this (dogs don't seem to care if the mixture is smooth or not). I also take the "pupsicles" out of the tray after they are frozen and store them in a ziploc. I hope that Rosie and Bogie enjoy!

Glitter - thanks for your kind comments about Henry. He's doing great!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread