+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Lildago, I hope your new friend sticks around, and hubby falls in love.

Harmoj, your pictures are Hallmark-worthy. What a beautiful cat, and I love your dresser, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Harmoj those pictures are cool.
    lildago give us an update on the kitty.
    My boys have been playing in the water dish. Laurel will stand over the top of it staring then smack it with his paw and the water splashes everywhere. I finally figured out why. I bought a new stainless food and water dish with seperate bowls. The bowls are so shiny they're like a mirror. He's seeing his own reflection in the bottom of the bowl and is swatting at himself. These guys are killing me. Hardy has been swatting at the side of the dish. That's what made me figure out what they were doing.

Unk, they sound like a regular comedy act!

Tallulah showed up today at dinnertime, of course. We took her out to the backyard where I fed her. She spent most of the evening purring away as my kids played with her and showered her with attention. When we came inside, she found a spot on the back of my bench so she could see us through the kitchen window. I just checked and she's asleep on the end of the porch. I really believe she was someone's housecat. She's just too friendly and tries to come in when I open the door. Tomorrow, I'll put out some flyers and see if anyone claims her. There's pretty much no chance right now that my husband will allow her in the house. He did agree that we should take her to see a vet if she's still around in a few days. I'm hoping she'll grow on him the longer she sticks around. *crosses fingers*
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    lildago- You might also check with the nearest humane society. Chances are if someone is looking for her they have already contacted the HS to see if she has turned up there.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I put an old blanket under the bench on my porch and she's sleeping on it now. If she's still here tomorrow, I'll pick up some cat food and something for the fleas. I may even take her to the vet if I can convince my husband to keep her. Keep your fingers crossed! She's already won my heart!

lildago
    , I'll bet if you take her to the vet and get her checked out, get her shampooed and gussied up, your husband will fall for her, too. She sounds really sweet. I found a cat, too, in our backyard over the weekend. (Or she found me.) I think she belongs to someone, though, 'cause she's well fed (nice round tummy) and looks pretty well groomed. She has taken to sleeping underneath our hammock every day during her siesta time! She doesn't come when she's called, but she's not skittish either (which is why I think she belongs to someone in the neighborhood).

My fingers are crossed for you Lildago.

Unk, Laurel and Hardy sound like quite the entertainment duo.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Unk: love your kitten-stories. Have you put L & H in front of a real mirror yet?

lildago: I hope that your kitty gets a good bill of health if you take her to a vet. And that she makes a really good impression on your hubby!

Gracie and Mr. Tootles have just been grazing in the back 60, sleeping way past naptimes, and purrrfectly happy. The heat has died down, although the humidity is high. So I'm still wetting their ears and faces and paws so they can stay cool in their big fur coats. Gosh I wish those things came with a zipper!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Unk, they're growing up so fast!

Harmoj, I used to have a cat that would hide in my drawers. She wouldn't even kick out the clothes, she'd just crawl in the back and squeeze in. It took me forever to find her when she first did it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Oh misskitty, what a great idea! I can't keep her out of it so why fight it...I'll tell her it was all your idea.

It's going to be a rainy day here in Indiana and the girls didn't want us to leave this morning. When the weather is like this they really like to cuddle up. Maddie was rubbing all over us and being really cute. It was so hard to leave them. It makes me want to start my own business so I can be with them all day.

Lildalgo, my sister had a litter of kittens born outside of the Group Home she manages. There was one little grey kitten that was very friendly and would always play and love on anyone that would come outside. All the residents at the home just loved him. One day she noticed that he had a hole in his side, an open wound, and she just couldn't stand it anymore. She boxed him up and took him home for the night. She called me on her way home worried that her husband would make her take him back. He had always loved dogs and wouldn't stand for the neighbors kittens to be in the yard. She was afraid that he wouldn't let her keep him. Well, he got home and after about 30 seconds with the kitten it was all over...he was in LOVE. They have been best buds since then. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is you never know what someone will think. I hope you guys get to keep the kitty, even just outside.

ETA: Lucy. The first time Maddie climbed into the drawer we didn't know she was in there and we shut it! We were doing laundry and had it open. We shut up the drawers and went about our business. About 10 minutes later we realized the girls were missing. Chloe was sitting on the floor in front of the dresser listening to her sister cry. I opened that drawer and she just popped her head out of the laundry like a jack-in-the-box. It was so funny. Now she just hooks her paw on the handle and pulls the drawers open, pulls enough clothes out so she will have room, and slides herself in. Sometimes she gets stuck and we have to let her out.
    Last edited by Harmoj; 07-12-2006 at 08:23 AM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Seems like the name Great Graybo no longer fits my little girl. Since Charlie left she's had the place to herself and has become my little princess again. Craving attention at all hours of the day and night. (Hence the circles under my eyes)

That will probably change later this morning when we go back to the vet to get her a new brother or sister. Mixed blessing for both of us. We won't be the center of each others attention any longer, but then she'll have someone to play with all the time, and I'll get some sleep.

Ahhh... the joys of parenthood.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread