+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

God, they are getting so big!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member
    Oh my, Unk, they are growing like crazy! They look like best buds.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I want them to stay kittens forever!

Speaking of staying young... (or getting old)

God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do like,
    and the eyesight to know the difference.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

This morning I discovered a stray cat in my yard. She was hiding between the AC unit and the house. I called to her and she came right to me. My heart went out to her because she'd obviously not eaten in a while. I didn't know what to give her so I fixed her a bowl of Cheerios with a little milk. She gobbled up the entire bowl and "asked" for more. She's appears to be a Siamese mix and has the most beautiful blue eyes. She was still here tonight so I fed her again. My daughter has already named her Tallulah but my hubby won't let her in the house. She's got fleas and who knows what else. However, I'm sure she was someone's housecat. She's really gentle with my kids and wants to come inside. I put an old blanket under the bench on my porch and she's sleeping on it now. If she's still here tomorrow, I'll pick up some cat food and something for the fleas. I may even take her to the vet if I can convince my husband to keep her. Keep your fingers crossed! She's already won my heart!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Aww lildago, hopefully she'll be there tomorrow and the hubby will let you keep her.

Cats in Drawers

Unk, your boys are so cute! I remember when my girls were that little.

I don't remember if I told you guys about Maddie's bad habit of opening my dresser drawers and emptying them so she can sleep there?

Well I caught her in the act! (See pictures below...she threw all those clothes on the floor.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member
    lildago - she sounds adorable. If you keep her, get something for the fleas from the vet like Frontline or Advantage. Don't bother with the cheap stuff at Walmart, it doesn't work. Here's a link with some good info on feline flea control.

http://www.fabcats.org/fleacontrol.html

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    lildago: We don't have fleas in Las Vegas. Send her to me. I've got a vacant spot here.

I'm so glad she was guided to your house. Sounds like it was meant to be. Hope she's there in the morning.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Premium Member
    One more thing, lildago - You can't take care of the litter box while you're pregnant. Hopefully Mr. Lildago won't mind.

lildago: Oh, please. Take her in. Clean her up. She'll love you forever!

Harmoj
    : What adorable photos of your kitty in her drawer. My beloved Snowflake did that and now my Mr. Tootles does the same. But I've now learned to keep that drawer open with a soft blanket, and I put a towel hanging over it from the drawer above it, so it's a tent.
    --------

Attachment 17727
    There's sadness here in our country. Our beloved albino groundhog, Wiarton Willie died at age of eight. He was very successful predicting the weather every Groundhog Day. We will miss seeing his shadow.
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 03:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread