+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Awww, I'm sorry, Uncle David. I had a cat that, due to very strange circumstances, had to be taken back to the shelter, and it was very tough. All the best, and I'm glad that Greta is sticking around.

Also, might I suggest you look around with a black light for any leftover urine marks? Everything will show up that way, and if you get them "neutralized," that should help a lot with Greta.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-10-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    Also, might I suggest you look around with a black light for any leftover urine marks? Everything will show up that way, and if you get them "neutralized," that should help a lot with Greta.
    Greta's due to be 'neutralized' (love that ) in about a month.

As to the black light... I've read about that. Any idea where I can either rent or buy a handheld blacklight?

I've also read about a florescence you can feed them that will enable you to tell which cat is urinating. No need now since there will only be one kitty here until I can tell if she's also urinating.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Awww, UncleDavid ....

I'm so very sorry to hear about Charlie. I'm glad you are taking care of him even though he won't be with you. I'll send good energy and blessings for Charlie to find a good home to be happy in.

Best wishes for you and Greta and your new little one to come!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    As to the black light... I've read about that. Any idea where I can either rent or buy a handheld blacklight?
    I don't know of any sites offhand, but I do know that they're easy to come by online and they don't appear to be too expensive (about $20 if I recall correctly). I found them when I was searching for magnetic cat doors online, and every place that sold cat supplies seemed to carry them.

You can also get a spray that removes cat pheromones. It is supposed to be effective on spray but I don't know how effective it would be getting the odour of cat urine out. Not just the stuff that WE can smell, but the stuff that encourages the little darlings to go in the same spot. Someone told me years ago that Dettol removes cat urine residue, but that's anecdotal so I don't know how much truth there is to that either.

Good luck in your search and destroy mission, and hugs to Greta from me, Harvey and Finley.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

A party supplies place would have them, and perhaps even a hardware store. They're not very expensive.

MRD
    You can buy a black light bulb that you can put in a regular lamp to use to look for the spots. You don't have to go buy a special lamp, just the bulb and they are inexpensive.

Spencer's Gifts has them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wal-mart also had blacklight bulbs the last time I was in the market for them. Don't ask. I dont' even remember.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Don't ask. I dont' even remember.
    Something affected your short term memory?

Turns out PetSmart has small black lights. The store here was sold out so I'm going to another store nearby.

The vet assured me that Charlie would ASOLUTELY be adopted into another home. She said there was no doubt. Still, Greta and I miss him terribly.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Still, Greta and I miss him terribly.
    I'm sure you do.
    Damn kittens anyway. Thirty seconds after changing the litter box they both go.

Check this out. Here's the first picture of the boys Star posted on June 1st:

Here's a picture I took on July 5th.

+ Reply to Thread