+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Pom, I am going to take another shot at a different vet after reading that. Thanks for posting it.
    I'm glad it was helpful. If I were you I'd call a few different vets and ask them (or their techs, 'cause the vets often don't come to the phone for non-clients) whether they have a lot of experience with these kinds of problems.

Did you notice that the link I posted was published by an animal clinic? When doing my quick research for you I found that a number of different vets posted "newsletters" addressing the topic of anal gland problems in dogs.

I encourage you to hunt down an expert on canine anal gland problems. Perhaps you could go a Google search of the topic with the name of the state in which you reside. Or you could call a vet school in your region and get a recommendation to a vet who has a lot of experience treating such problems.

Be persistent, myrosiedog. Your expert may be hard to find because -- let's face it -- if you were an "expert on canine anal gland problems" would you admit it? I wouldn't either!!!

So the expert may be hard to find, but I'm sure there's one near you and I know that with a second opinion or two you will get to the bottom of the problem.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Be persistent, myrosiedog. Your expert may be hard to find because -- let's face it -- if you were an "expert on canine anal gland problems" would you admit it? I wouldn't either!!!

My family of squirrels are thriving outside the garage. Mom was playing tag and chase with the two babies up and down the big tree in my deck. Too cute. They didn't even see me.
    ---------
    Mr. Tootles managed to fit his cute fluffy butt inside a small cardboard box 6"x8", included his tail! He thought he was hiding well and was inviserble. So we played Where's the Kitty? Where's the kitty? Oh My....there's the kitty! Gracie thought we were stoopid.

Gracie let me brush her today with a real round hair brush. And she percolated! Loudly! And turned over and let me do her tummy. You know, no-one brushes her tummy!

Both my kitts were so good they got a wee bit of BBQ red snapper....
    I have them in the palm of my paw
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-09-2006 at 02:14 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I have them in the palm of my paw

Oh boy misskitty, they have you right where they want you. You THINK you have them in your palm....... BWAHAHHAHAHAHA
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Sad news. Charlie is going back for re-adoption. (no emoticon can possibly express my heartbreak) He's been urinating on my bed almost from the beginning. I've tried to find a way to stop him, but I'm at a loss. He uses the litter box but, for some reason he also urinates elsewhere.

Please don't ask if I've tried this or that. Over the last 11 days I've tried everything. Even my vet agrees I've done everything. He'll be going back today or tomorrow.

They're going to try to find him a good home again, but with people knowing he urinates in places other than the litter box I worry for him. The vet doesn't know it yet, but if they can't adopt him out I'll take him to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah where he can live out his life with other unadoptable kitties.

Just wanted to let you all know now so when you start seeing pictures of a different kitty you'd understand.

Now to mop up the tears from my keyboard.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey
    Oh, Uncle David, I'm so sorry to hear that.

I wish you all the best and I applaud you for all the efforts that you've made and will continue to make for little Charlie.

Oh Uncle David, how sad. Is he neutered? Joey was peeing in a corner of the living room, but then I took him to be "repaired" and he never did it again.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm sorry Uncle David. I know you are feeling terrible. I think many of us have had pets that didn't work out for whatever reason and it's never easy. It sounds like you have a good plan for him if he isn't readopted and for that you should feel comfort in knowing that not only have you done all you can, but you've gone above and beyond to make sure he is taken care of one way or another.

myrosiedog - if it turns out to be nothing but itching, can you get a prescription hydrocortisone spray or something to help with it?
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 07-09-2006 at 10:22 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Uncle David...I'm with gabriel..has he been neutered? I had a cat that continually would pee near a recliner we had but once we had him neutered he didn't do it anymore....My heart breaks for you tho....but I love the fact that even if he isn't adopted by anyone else, you have decided to take him somewhere else that he can run and be happy with others.

Take care Uncle David
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    As I said before I'd rather not go into the litany of things I've done to try and solve this problem, but since this question keeps coming up... Charlie and Greta are kittens. Spaying is not recommended for cats this young. Putting the cat's life at risk to solve a problem with urinating and defecating (yes, this morning I found a couple of 'piles') is a bit drastic.

Charlie is still adoptable to the right person/environment. If he isn't adopted, I'd rather donate an appropriate amount of money to a no kill animal sanctuary for the next 20 years than risk his life because of some bed linen.

I know you're just tyring to help, and I appreciate your concern.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread