+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Pom: Just saw Superman Returns yesterday. They have two Pomeranians in the movie ... I thought of you
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Pom: Just saw Superman Returns yesterday. They have two Pomeranians in the movie ... I thought of you
    I did the same thing misskitty!! ...Everytime they showed the pomeranians with Parker Posey, I would imagine Pom with 'em instead!!! (and I've never even seen Pom...well except in Uncle David's avatar!!! )
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    My dog just decided to explore the world of skunks

My Mum and yelled at her to get her to come to us...but she went back to the skunk 7 times.

She is now washed, and she had a bath already today and was so clean, and outside. Silly Sasha.
    Skip tomato juice. Skip vinegar. The BEST remedy is
    • 1 quart of Hydrogen peroxide
    • 1/4 cup baking soda
    • a few drops of dish soap

I've used it many times on my Newfs, and even though I'm washing something the size of a small pony (slight exageration) one quart per Newf is usually enough to get them back in my good graces and back into the house. VERY IMPORTANT--do NOT mix the baking soda and the hydrogen peroxide until you are ready to use it. The chemical reaction gives off enough gas to explode a bottle if you try to store it.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Anyone know anything about hermit crabs? We've had a pair for about 6-8 months now. They usually burrow down in the sand into one of the corners. For the past week, they've been acting really strange. Every night, they completely rearrange the sand and are burying themselves under the shells that hold their water sponge or food. When they dig to the bottom of the sand, I can hear them continuing to scratch and "dig" at the plastic. I don't know what their deal is. We did watch Finding Nemo last week. Since they sit on a shelf near the TV, my daughter says they watched the movie and are now trying to find their way back to the ocean.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Check out this website, lildago.

http://www.hermit-crabs.com/
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks, dagwood. I haven't been doing half of what they recommend for basic care. These things are sounding a little too high maintenence. It just might be time for them to find their way back to the ocean.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Update on the kitties: Pitter patter of little feet my a$$.
    It's lovely at 3 a.m. isn't it?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    It's lovely at 3 a.m. isn't it?
    Unk... you must be psycho! (I mean psychic ) That is EXACTLY when it starts. And yet the little beauties (monsters) sleep all afternoon long.

I made the mistake last night of showing them the magical land under the sheets. 3 AM there they were trying to get under the sheets to play.

Ahhh.. the joys of parenthood!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Anyone know anything about hermit crabs? We've had a pair for about 6-8 months now. They usually burrow down in the sand into one of the corners. For the past week, they've been acting really strange. Every night, they completely rearrange the sand and are burying themselves under the shells that hold their water sponge or food. When they dig to the bottom of the sand, I can hear them continuing to scratch and "dig" at the plastic. I don't know what their deal is. We did watch Finding Nemo last week. Since they sit on a shelf near the TV, my daughter says they watched the movie and are now trying to find their way back to the ocean.
    All I know is that ours were a major pain in the A$$. And they stink when they die.

I was so glad when the last one finally went. Between the hamsters and hermit crabs, I was going insane!!!!! My dogs are not nearly as bad as the other critters we "had" to have.

That's cute what your daughter said tho. I love Kidisms.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I got stuck with my son's iguana when he went to live in the dorms and couldn't take him. I need to sell him but hate to think someone won't take care of him. I get attached to all my pets regardless of type. I was thinking of trying to find some sort of reptile sanctuary place that might take him in but I haven't researched it. He needs a bigger tank (and tanks are expensive) so if we did sell him I'd hope the new owner would get him one. He's bored and always trying to find ways to escape. I feel bad for him.If I thought the iguana could survive outside on his own I'd let him go but I just know some cat (mine maybe!) or other animal would kill him. Plus I'm sure it gets too cold in the winter. Even though I'm in Georgia it still freezes. My son got quite a lecture for bringing home animals he can't take care of. I'd like to stick to dogs and cats only.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 07-04-2006 at 02:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread