+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fogey
    WOW!! I have really, really enjoyed looking at all these photos of peoples kitties!!

Amanda, lucky for you that it's summer and you may not be needing those sweaters for a few months, 'cause it looks like those guys ain't moving for a long time!

misskitty, your guy Mr. Tootles is just adorable! I really love the name and I laughed out loud that he ". . . had [you] at MEOW."

speedy DANG, I remember when you were asking everyone for suggestions on names, and I can't believe that was two years ago already! I love how she's posing the same way in both pictures and I think it's cool that your other kitty and her have bonded so well since the beginning.

Manny, what a hoot! Again, I get a big kick out of how these animals seem to pose the same way even as they get older. I love the two pictures -- little kitten, little box and bigger kitty, big box!

Uncle David I'M STOKED THAT YOU ADOPTED TWO KITTENS!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THREE OF YOU and, um, lotsa luck trying to get some sleep over the next 12 months, you poor buggah! I hope to see a lot of photos of them as they grow up in Vegas. Whatever you do, please, keep 'em off The Strip. They're infants! I think it's a riot that the two uncles have two kittens here at the same time. COINCIDENCE? I think not!

Unk, I adore your little red guys, and I hope you keep posting pictures of them.

val, I'm cracking up at Robert Red Furred! What great pictutes of an adorable redheaded kitty! He looks like he has a wonderful personality!

bbnbama your guy's adorable, too! I LOVE THE FRECKLES!! He looks so mischievous and pampered!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Ok that does it! I'm buying a big big farm somewhere and we're going to have a fort COMMUNE complete with kitties, boxers, pomeraniacs er.. pomeranians, goldens aw heck all of them! I'll be the official kitty pooper scooper (that should keep me busy)
    Aw, gabriel, NOW do you see why I love you so much, man????? You're so good-hearted!! Every time I realize that I think, "Boy, I'm sure glad that he works among the elderly -- thank God for that guy."

roses, by all means get on out there and snap more photos of your little doggies! We've got a couple of years worth of photos to catch up on, now that you're finally able to post pictures. HURRY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I had to lock myself in their bathroom to get even this pic.
    Their bathroom? Geez what a spoiled pair.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Ok that does it! I'm buying a big big farm somewhere and we're going to have a fort COMMUNE complete with kitties, boxers, pomeraniacs er.. pomeranians, goldens aw heck all of them! I'll be the official kitty pooper scooper (that should keep me busy)
    Can I bring a horse? I miss my big buddies a bunch! (Well, I miss getting to have any little buddies either--I'm glad everyone posts plenty of pics for me to look at!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Can I bring a horse? I miss my big buddies a bunch! (Well, I miss getting to have any little buddies either--I'm glad everyone posts plenty of pics for me to look at!)
    Bring a horse, bring elderly elephants, anything you love.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Aw, gabriel, NOW do you see why I love you so much, man????? You're so good-hearted!! Every time I realize that I think, "Boy, I'm sure glad that he works among the elderly -- thank God for that guy."
    *BLUSHES* geez - what did you have to go and do that for? *shuffles feet*
    I don't want to take anything away from the REAL heroes, and to clarify that I am NOT a caregiver, but merely the management that runs the departments that keeps the heat, air conditioning, water, lights, phones and whatnot going, as well as whatever they need installed, repaired or done for their rooms or apartments.

The real heroes are the RNs, CNAs, Food Service staff (and being a kosher facility it's no easy feat), housekeeping staff, et al.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Aw, kitties everywhere! Cat owners of the world, unite and take over! They're all absolutely precious.

Seeing all the adorable kittens makes me wish I'd had the chance to see my two girls as kittens. They were just over a year old and all grown up when we adopted them from the animal shelter, so we completely missed out on that lovely baby stage. Sometimes I think about what they must have looked like as kittens. Given that they're just about the best-looking cats I've ever seen (but then again, don't all pet owners think their babies are the most beautiful creatures ever?), I can imagine that they must have been absolutely adorable.

ETA: I looked around the website for the animal shelter and did manage to dig up a photo of one of my babies, wee Stella, taken about a month before we adopted her and her sister. She looks so small and lost, poor thing, but just as cute as she is now.

Last edited by geek the girl; 06-30-2006 at 08:37 AM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Oh - you have Burmese! That is my Mimzy. Real great breed!
    Here is a photo of my loves Mimzy & Bianca. B. has CRF - we recently [March] lost her sister ShyAnn to CRF. But with treatment B. is doing will! But that is why she looks a bit scraggly.

B. Who HATES the camera! On dusty back porch chair covers. These photos don't show her clear pure blue blue eyes.
    http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image...L568027808.jpg
    http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image...L363573140.jpg
    Mimzy
    http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image...L198610116.jpg
    http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image...L720227105.jpg

Oh my, your Mimzy looks just like my girls! They're not Burmese, though, as far as I know. Still, the resemblance is almost uncanny, especially in the first pic.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Mimzy and Geek, your black kitty looks just like my Jasper, except for the fact that Jasper's a chunker.

My brother just sent me these pictures and they're so cute I wanted to share.

My nephew, Wesley, with his new kitty "Willy".

My niece, Brianna, with a petrified looking Willy.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

My dog just decided to explore the world of skunks

My Mum and yelled at her to get her to come to us...but she went back to the skunk 7 times.

She is now washed, and she had a bath already today and was so clean, and outside. Silly Sasha.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread