+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I haven't popped in this thread for a while. I love the pics Unk and Amanda. Cats sure do find the best places to sleep (even if it does mean you can't wear your orange sweater for a little while longer).
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Premium Member
    Speaking of cats and suitcases, a few years back we spent part of our vacation visiting my brother's family in Colorado. Their cat must have not liked us because he peed in my suitcase.

FORT Fogey
    I want to follow up with some good news about those “Doggy Steps” that I ordered a month or so ago.

I bought a set for myself and a set for a coworker who has a Dachshund, and both of us are extremely happy with them!!! We originally bought the “3-step” size but found them to be too low, so I went back online and ordered two “fourth step extension set” for another $20 apiece.

I currently have one set that I move between my bed and Powder’s Throne. I’m going to buy a second set of steps (plus that 4th-step extension) so that I can just leave them at both places for the dogs.

Helpful Hint: the set of 3 Doggy Steps is now sold at Target and WalMart. You can save money by purchasing them right there in the store. (You save on shipping, too.) You can’t buy the extension in the store, however. You have to buy that online, but it’s definitely worth it ‘cause my little dogs couldn’t use the steps without that fourth one.

Read All About (and Order) “Doggy Steps” HERE

Oh, and not only do the dogs use the steps at my house, but the cat uses them, too!!! Sometimes he uses them to get up and down from Powder’s Throne or the bed. I was cracking up over the idea that my lazy cat was even too lazy to jump – I couldn’t believe he was choosing to use the steps.

It turns out he’s even lazier than I thought. Now he doesn’t even have the energy to climb those steps anymore!!! Here's a picture that I just took tonight.

Oh Pom, that is just hsyterical!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Oh Pom! I think it's time for a kitty diet.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Pom - thanks for the review. I saw them in Bed Bath & Beyond (and was hoping to use the 20% coupon - yay). My Abbie is, as the vet calls her "a healthy senior citizen" and she's having trouble hopping up on the bed.

I think I'll try them now that I know someone who used them!

you don't need to order special products. I went to a friend's house who fosters senior female (only) cats. She has little padded stools in front of all the furniture so it is easier for them to climb. It is hysterical. Ever chair, couch, table has they little steps in front of them. I wish I'd thought to take a photo. She just searches the second hand stores.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Awwww. Such sweet kitty cats! Amanda how lovely your Siamese and Tabby! What are their names?

Unk: keep those incredible photos coming. Yup suitcases. Boxes. Clean clothes. The newspaper, while you're reading it. Great plopping places!

gabriel: Always great to see Mona!!! She's like my Gracie, but a bit bigger.

Pom: Hilarious! Whatta guy! He looks like a real character!

-----------

Well, I have new tenants. In my garage. I've heard something there for weeks now. And when I drove the car in the other day, lo and behold in front of me on the workbench were two baby squirrels! One just froze. The other kept exploring. After I got out I talked quietly to them and then MOM showed up looking down at me from the large opening to the attic. She wasn't concerned.

My Dad, bless his heart, wants to rig up a ramp for them so they can get down to the floor okay and make their way to the door to go outside

The Mom goes in and out of the garage through the little vent in the roof that was for a heater which doesn't work. The tube is disconnected so she can come and go as she pleases. There may be more little ones, but I have only seen two.

I've had squirrels in my house attic and had to block off their entrance once I knew they were grown up and out. They had literally chewed their way through underneath a cedar shake.

Anyone have any knowledge of evicting a family of squirrels? I do not wish to harm them in any way and don't know how to know that they have all left. Other than, my Dad's idea of having them sign out when they go out the garage door
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Awwww. Such sweet kitty cats! Amanda how lovely your Siamese and Tabby! What are their names?

Unk: keep those incredible photos coming. Yup suitcases. Boxes. Clean clothes. The newspaper, while you're reading it. Great plopping places!

gabriel: Always great to see Mona!!! She's like my Gracie, but a bit bigger.

Pom: Hilarious! Whatta guy! He looks like a real character!

-----------

Well, I have new tenants. In my garage. I've heard something there for weeks now. And when I drove the car in the other day, lo and behold in front of me on the workbench were two baby squirrels! One just froze. The other kept exploring. After I got out I talked quietly to them and then MOM showed up looking down at me from the large opening to the attic. She wasn't concerned.

My Dad, bless his heart, wants to rig up a ramp for them so they can get down to the floor okay and make their way to the door to go outside

The Mom goes in and out of the garage through the little vent in the roof that was for a heater which doesn't work. The tube is disconnected so she can come and go as she pleases. There may be more little ones, but I have only seen two.

I've had squirrels in my house attic and had to block off their entrance once I knew they were grown up and out. They had literally chewed their way through underneath a cedar shake.

Anyone have any knowledge of evicting a family of squirrels? I do not wish to harm them in any way and don't know how to know that they have all left. Other than, my Dad's idea of having them sign out when they go out the garage door

Mona is only a nine pound girl. As for your squirrels - I tend to lean towards your Dad's idea of a sign in book.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Mr. Rose and I have been in the SRP, Squirrel Relocation Program at our house for years now. Every year at this time, they start checking out our vegetable and flower gardens, helping themselves to whatever their heart (or stomach) desires. We have a have-a-heart trap that we catch the guys with, but we've never had an entire family we wanted to trap at one time. Usually we get one at a time, and release them in an undeveloped area miles from our house. We visualize them reuniting ("Hey, look, it's Uncle George, where ya been!"), but I think with an entire family, you'd probably want to catch them all at once, so I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that. They can be very destructive, so I sure wouldn't want them in my garage. I couldn't find exactly what our trap looks like (it's pretty old) but it resembles this:

http://www.wildlife-traps.com/squirrels.html
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread