+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Excerpts from Dog's and Cat's diary

This is really cute! Don't mean to offend anyone with this!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++
    EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DAILY DIARY:

8:00 a.m. Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!
    9:30 a.m. Wow! A car ride! This is a blast!
    9:40 a.m. A walk in the park! Ate some crap...Delicious!
    10:30 a.m. Getting rubbed and petted! I'm in love!
    12:00 p.m. Lunch! Yummy!
    1:00 p.m. Playing in the yard! I just love it!
    3:00 p.m. Staring adoringly at my masters...they're the best! I'll wag my tail in joy.
    4:00 p.m. Hooray! The kids are home! I'm bouncing off the walls!
    5:00 p.m. Milk bones! Great!
    7:00 p.m. Get to play ball! This is too good to be true!
    8:00 p.m. Wow! Watching TV with my master! Heavenly!
    11:00 p.m. Sleeping at the bottom of my master's bed! Life is soooooooo great!

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DAILY DIARY:

Day 683 of My Captivity:

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat
    something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomited on the floor.
    Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a ''good little hunter'' I am. The audacity!! There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was
    placed i n solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to my power of allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow-- but at the top of the stairs.
    I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released--and he seems more than willing to return! He is obviously retarded. The bird has got to be an informant-- I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. The captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe........ for now.

That is funny and so true! We had a cat that always brought mice in and dropped them at our feet and she was so proud!

PGM35: I do hope your boxers are able to over this episode and manage to get along somehow. I think you need a visit from the Dog Whisperer (who was on Oprah) Does he have a book you can read? Are your dogs maybe trying to determine who is the pack leader?

Thanks also, for the funnies about the dog and cat diary
    --------------------------------

Panda center launches live Web cam
    Attachment 17662Attachment 17663Attachment 17664

BEIJING - There's a new reality show in town "Panda Cam." The Wolong Giant Panda Research Center in China's southwestern Sichuan province has set up a camera to capture the everyday life of pandas to be watched live on the Internet, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

"Panda Cam" will be aired in 20-minute segments from Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 10:50 p.m. EDT and 2 a.m. to 2:50 a.m. EDT, Xinhua said.

The facility, in the heart of Sichuan's lush, cloud-wreathed mountains, is home to about 80 artificially bred pandas.

The Web site has a section in English and a quiz on panda knowledge, Xinhua said.

About 1,600 wild pandas live in the mountain forests of central China the only place in the world they are found with another 180 in captivity around the globe.

Pandas are threatened by loss of habitat, poaching and a low reproduction rate, making them among the most endangered animals in the world. Females in the wild typically have a cub once every two to three years.

Panda Cam: http://www.pandaclub.net

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060610/...N5bnN1YmNhdA--
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm home with the boys. I've named them Laurel & Hardy. Right now they are exploring. I showed them the litter box and now they are off on theri own. They are too cute. It was nice seeing Star again. We had lunch at Dairy Queen were we met. I didn't take any pictures but she took a couple.
    I'll take some when they get settled in.

What a great day for you and the boys, Unklescott - there's nothing better than a couple of kittens at play in the house of the Unkle. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm looking forward to some photos.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Unklescott - Aww, Laurel and Hardy - one of my fav comedy teams! I bet they are having so much fun learning their way around their new surroundings. Can't wait to see some pictures.

By the way, which one is Laurel and which is Hardy?!

Stargazer - are you going to be okay? I bet it was like sending your kids off to college! You know they're in good hands though and hopefully won't go to any keggers

I have to look real close to tell the difference. Laurel is the on on the right with the most white socks on the front feet.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Has anyone tried Pill Pockets, either for cats or dogs? The company web site has all kinds of testimonials, but of course they would say their own product is great. I was wondering if I should order some for the inevitable next round of antibiotics for the one cat who is prone to bladder troubles.

ETA: Unk, Laurel & Hardy are too cute. Kittens grow up way to fast, so be sure to snap a bunch of pictures.

Unk, congrats on your new kids! I'm sure you'll have great stories about them climbing the curtains and knocking stuff over and all that good kitten stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonegrrrl
    Has anyone tried Pill Pockets, either for cats or dogs?
    I have tried them for my dog and they worked great because the treats are very mushy and you can really mold them around the pill. I'm not sure if my cat would fall for it, but I think it is worth a try. I have always requested the liquid antibiotics for my cat so I can squirt it down her throat (if I can catch her) and there is nothing she can do about it. I tried the cream cheese trick before, and just when I was sure she had swallowed the pill, she would manage to hack it up and spit it out. Good luck!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Congratulations on you being adopted by them UNK. Enjoy them so much and send pics when you can.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread