+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Thanks guys. I can't wait until Unk gets to meet them. Just don't think they sleep all the time, Unk. That's just the only time I can take their picture. The rest of the time, they are attacking each other, people's feet, and anything else in the house that moves.

dagwood, I feel with your sister. I've had a couple of dogs that could compete for that title. I once came home to see water pouring out of my ceiling fan onto a half-eaten couch. A siberian husky I had named Tika had destroyed a water bed upstairs and apparently had the couch for dessert. She was just a puppy at the time.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    ...Her boxer puppy takes that title. He ate both her couch and her bed while she was at work..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    ...A siberian husky I had named Tika had destroyed a water bed upstairs and apparently had the couch for dessert. She was just a puppy at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    ...but for the first 2 years, they chewed up everything.
    Oh my goodness gracious! I can't imagine having that happen. What little monsters....well, you know. Loveable little monsters
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Great photos QueenB! Thanks for sharing them.

MRD
    Well there were two chapters of the book that had me laughing so hard I was crying and trying not to pee on myself.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Alfresco dining scene where the table takes off after a french poodle and the Dog beach where you are not supposed to "foul" the water.

The book was very good and it was sad at the end, but it was definetly a good read.
    Last edited by roseskid; 06-17-2006 at 05:36 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk, you definitely need to keep us posted on their progress, with pictures.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'm looking forward to having the monsters lovely little kittens around. I'll definitely be posting pictures and updates for all to see.

Rosie - was the chapter about Marley going to the beach one of the ones that made you laugh until you peed? I loved that! My JRT is almost 13. He was asked to leave obedience school twice and has been banned from Petco. He's on two types of "Dog Prozac" and he is still hyper. I love him dearly but I don't think that I'll repeat this experience with another JRT any time soon.

And - the "chewing" stories posted above cracked me up. My parents have a Springer Spaniel who ate my Dad's wallet (credit cards, drivers license, cash, etc....). He's also chewed on or consumed lipsticks, my nephew's "blankie", multiple books, and many other items. He's been better lately - I guess he has outgrown the chewing stage or my parents have learned not to leave things where he can get them!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Mr. Rose and I spent 14 weekends recovering two couches and one chair a few years ago. The day we completed this project, we went out to dinner, and our labrador/shepherd puppy, Howard, promptly chewed a corner of one of the cushions. He had never touched it before we tackled this project. The shock eventually wore off, and lucky for him, he's too cute for us to hold a grudge.

About the same time, he also chewed a corner of the molding where the wall meets the floor. It stayed that way for about a month until Mr. Rose got around to fixing it. Two days later, Howard made sure it was back in his preferred condition. It's been like that ever since.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie View Post
    He's been better lately - I guess he has outgrown the chewing stage or my parents have learned not to leave things where he can get them!
    It's a combination of both, I think. My dog Misha (you can see her mischievious face below, along with my cat, Hoss) used to be a holy terror for about two years. The more expensive the item, the more complete the destruction. She never touched cheap Walmart shoes, for instance. But if I had a pair of $80 heels, they were toast. She also ate anything that had stuffing in it and anything papery. I learned over the years what to keep out of her reach (still have to keep the kitchen trash behind a door) and she's outgrown most of the other stuff. The puppy years are tough with a hyper dog, though. Everyone's stories are cracking me up.

Unk, I'm glad you said that Tigger slept close to you. I woke up surrounded by cats this morning. I'm sort of allergic, too, so I've been swollen and sniffly all day. This many cats in the house is a bit much for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member
    Katie (my current av) has outgrown most of her chewing, but now her favorite treat is the cardboard tube leftover from a roll of toilet paper. She can hear that last little bit of tp being torn off from the other side of the house, and she stalks the bathroom door until you come out and she can grab it out of the trash. She then takes it outside, lays down in the grass and eats the whole thing.

+ Reply to Thread