+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Oh Star I LOVE the last one of the "sleeping dead" fur ball, too funny! My dogs sleep just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Have any of you animal lovers read the book: Marley and Me by John Grogan?
    That book had me laughing and crying. It was great and I thought a lot about our own Marleybone when reading it.

But it is a great book about a loveable, goof of a dog named Marley and the misadventures he leads his family on.

myrosiedog, yes i have read Marley and Me. Hubby gave it to me for Mother's Day. The whole time I was reading it I was laughing and crying. The end is so sad and sweet. I kept telling Hubby that Marley sounds just like our black lab Casey. They could have been brothers except for age. Are all labs like that or just a few? i definitely recommend it for any dog or animal lover.

Star: I don't know HOW you can give up your boys. I just couldn't do it Well, unless I knew they were going to a great home. Which they are! Hooray for UNK!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Those are the cutest kitties. Just look at those sleeping positions. So precious. I've gotten attached to them just seeing their pictures posted. You must promise to keep everyone updated, Unk.

Rosie - I read that book a couple of months ago and loved it. I saw a tv interview with the author and he said that people had sent him pictures of his book after it got chewed up by reader's dogs. The author said that Marley was the worst dog ever.... I'd disagree with that - I think that my Simon (Jack Russell Terrier) is MUCH more evil.

Star - your kitties are adorable. I'm looking forward to hearing all about how they adjust to life with UncleScott. I'm a redhead and I can think of tons of names for those cuties if naming help is needed! LOL - I think it would be fun to name one of them Ronald.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by doxie View Post
    Rosie - I read that book a couple of months ago and loved it. I saw a tv interview with the author and he said that people had sent him pictures of his book after it got chewed up by reader's dogs. The author said that Marley was the worst dog ever.... I'd disagree with that - I think that my Simon (Jack Russell Terrier) is MUCH more evil.

Star - your kitties are adorable. I'm looking forward to hearing all about how they adjust to life with UncleScott. I'm a redhead and I can think of tons of names for those cuties if naming help is needed! LOL - I think it would be fun to name one of them Ronald.
    Doxie,
    I have two Jack Russell's. They are fairly docile now, but for the first 2 years, they chewed up everything. Now its only the occasionally piece of tissue or toilet paper that is on the floor.
    Everyone tells us we have the calmest Jacks they've ever seen. I don't know how. It wasn't anything we did, that's for sure.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Star, your pictures could put a smile on the devil himself. What a couple of sweeties. Unk must be counting down the hours until he gets his hands on them.

My daughter bought Marley and Me for me for Christmas. It's definitely one of those books you tell all your friends about, and I love the stories of readers sending the author pictures of his book after being ravaged by their dogs.

Harmoj, your cat is one gorgeous kitty.

Queen, thanks for posting your fun vacation photos. You managed to catch some beautiful creatures.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Have any of you animal lovers read the book: Marley and Me by John Grogan?
    That book had me laughing and crying. It was great and I thought a lot about our own Marleybone when reading it.

But it is a great book about a loveable, goof of a dog named Marley and the misadventures he leads his family on.
    Aw... thanks for the thoughts mrd. I have the book but haven't been able to bring myself to read it. The title alone makes me miss our Marley and I know I will be a mess when I'm reading it.

ETA: Unk, those kittens are adorable! I'll bet you can't wait to get them.

I haven't yet read Marley and Me, but my sister has. She disagrees that Marley is the worst dog in the world. Her boxer puppy takes that title. He ate both her couch and her bed while she was at work.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    Those are the cutest kitties. Just look at those sleeping positions. So precious. I've gotten attached to them just seeing their pictures posted. You must promise to keep everyone updated, Unk.
    That's exactly how I feel ShrinkingViolet....I could eat them up with a spoon! I can't wait to hear Unk's future stories and to know that I was "there" in the beginning when he first adopted them...I feel like we'll all be a part of this transition...just like a family!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread