+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 1763 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233731235231023 ... LastLast
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Thanks for all your warm wishes! Unfortunately, the vet left a message on my machine that we have to have "the talk"
    I don't know what I'm gonna do!

Oh no, glitternergball. I have three kitties and love all kitties so much. I will keep you and your kitty in my thoughts.
    Who shot who in the what now?

i'm so sorry glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternergball
    Thanks for all your warm wishes! Unfortunately, the vet left a message on my machine that we have to have "the talk"
    I don't know what I'm gonna do!
    Glitternergball, stay calm. You know that no matter what, you have given your kitty a good life and home. Please let us know what the vet says.

Thanks for the support guys! It's going to be hard I know. I spoke to the vet last night who was kind enough to call me while I was at hom, at 9 pm so I wouldn't get upset at work. She has malignant metastases from her eyelid and ears down to her toes, and the vet is a sweetie. She said she is totally frustrated because there are no documented cases out there like this. Less than 10% of mast cell tumors in cats are malignant, and they have never spread on the skin like this, normally it's internal but all her scans came out perfectly normal. So she can't give me a time frame, but chemo, radiation and surgery are not options because of the number of them, at about 8 now. So it's a waiting game- could be a week, could be 5 years of just a bumpy kitty that itches (I can give her benadryl for that). In the meantime, while I am still sane I am looking into Memorial Parks, as I don't beleive in cremation. Any New York City people here have any advice about pet cemetaries? I've already contacted a couple to get brochures, but she's a city kitty and she be memorialized as such.

Thanks again! sorry for the long post!

Aw Glitternergball, I'm sorry about Dr. Penguin Bean, but just reading that name makes me smile. I believe there is a pet cementary in Mount Kisco or Valhalla (?) in Westchester County. Years ago there was a disgusting report about a pet cementary either in one of the boroughs or Long Island (I won't post details but I'll PM you if you want me to).

My first thought, when the time comes and it might be a while, is to bury your kitty in Central Park without getting caught. If you were to do that, go with a group of people who can help you dig and also to shield your activity from any park personnel or usless nosy people.

If you have a close friend or relative, maybe you can use their backyard instead. It's not an unusual thing to do.

I have neigbors that have buried there pet in the park near us, but we do nave a lot of wildlife and I'm terrified of something digging her up. During the blizzard an eagle ate a neighbors dog that they had let run through the park w/o a leash, a horrifying experience.

If you can PM me about the cemetary experience, just because one I've talked to is out in LI, than that would be great. right now the two main ones that I've called are the Bide-a-wee memorial park in LI and the pet cemetary that Checkers is buried in out in one of the suburbs (hartsdale?). That one's been around a while, 1800's or so.

Hartsdale, that's it. It understand that they are reputable. I'll send that PM now.

the pet cemetary that Checkers is buried in out in one of the suburbs (hartsdale?). That one's been around a while, 1800's or so.

Her's the website for the cemetery in Hartsdale. It's right on Central ave. I used to pass it by sometimes when I lived in Yonkers.

http://www.petcem.com/
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I have neigbors that have buried there pet in the park near us, but we do nave a lot of wildlife and I'm terrified of something digging her up. During the blizzard an eagle ate a neighbors dog that they had let run through the park w/o a leash, a horrifying experience.

If you can PM me about the cemetary experience, just because one I've talked to is out in LI, than that would be great. right now the two main ones that I've called are the Bide-a-wee memorial park in LI and the pet cemetary that Checkers is buried in out in one of the suburbs (hartsdale?). That one's been around a while, 1800's or so.

I'm so sorry about your sick kitty and the decision you are faced with. I too had to face that decision a year ago and it's awful, I know. I take comfort in the fact that we gave our Misty a great home and she was so well loved and spoiled. I have pictures of her around the house (although some are marked up from me kissing them!) Take care, be strong.
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

+ Reply to Thread