+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I would get a kitten too. I should have done that when Tigger lost his buddy Cinnamon about 4 years ago. Tigger was the most friendly cat I've ever had. He loved everybody. He used to groom Cinnamon every night while Cinnamon never returned the favor. My daughter moved in and you would have thought her and Tiggs were siamese twins. He wouldn't leave my daughter's side at all. After Cinnamon got sick and I had him euthanized, Tigger lost some weight. When my daughter moved out shortly after that is when Tigger got real lonely.

FORT Fogey

Unk, You Have My Sympathy!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Tigger was the most friendly cat I've ever had. He loved everybody.
    Aw, Unk, I'm so, so, so terribly sorry to have learned about the passing of your beloved pal, Tigger.

I have been out of town and my (new) laptop croaked on the trip, so I shipped it to the manufacturer on my first day in Denver and was "offline" for a whole week.

I'm so sorry to hear that you went through that awful time, and I remember what a good pal you were to me when I lost my little avvie.

I'm hoping for the very best for you. I hope that some day soon you'll be able to focus just a wee bit less on how painful these last days were and on how terribly much you miss Tigger, and that you'll be able to, instead, focus a bit more on how happy he made you for all those years that you cared for him.

I'm hoping you'll soon be able to think fondly on the wonderful, cushy, pampered life you were able to give to Tigger and I'm hoping that you'll soon be remembering all the silly things he did that made you laugh and the stuff he did that drove you up the wall.

Unk, I'm hoping that soon you'll have your heart warmed with joy -- rather than ripped by sorrow -- each time you think of him.

For now just know that THE POMERANIANS and I are out here thinking of you lots and wishing the very best for you. Animals like Tigger are very lucky to find guys like you, Unk, so I'm hoping that some day you'll be available to spoil another kitty like he or she deserves -- like you did with Tigger.

Now that I think of it, get TWO Kittens! The more the merrier!

A nice little story on the news. They raided a puppy farm the other day and discovered a mom dog was feeding 24 puppies. Only a couple were actually hers! Because she 'adopted' all the little ones, they have all survived and are now doing well in foster care until they can be adopted out. She is now weaning off about 8 or so. They are all different breeds and colors.

The SPCA spokesperson said they had never ever seen such a wonderful MOM dog EVER! They rarely take over nursing other breeds. I love stories like this.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    so I'm hoping that some day you'll be available to spoil another kitty like he or she deserves -- like you did with Tigger.
    Read bac a few more posts Pom. I'm taking Star's 2 little kittens once she has them ready to go.
    BTW, are you sure you weren't here in Columbus working at my vet's office? There was a woman working there who could have passed for your twin sister. Freaked me out when I saw her. I told her shee looked like someone I knew. I asked her if her name was Pomeraniac.

Premium Member
    I'm happy for you Unk, those little kittens will be a blast.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post

My vet suggested that it might be good for her to adopt another cat near her age and with a compatible temperament. But I'm hesitating because I feel like it would be another big change for her in a short span of time. Would she feel less loved if we got another cat? What is your opinion?
    When I was little out little beagle hound died of cancer. We had my recently past on dog at the time and he really missed her. We adopted another dog at the vet's advice and I guess it helped. He wasn't alone anymore. We got a dog that was closer to him in age.

I hope you cat gets better. My other dogs are still kind of mopey even with extra yard time and treats.

MRD
    Went to Wal-hell, I mean Walmart today to get new tires and coathangers (I have GOT to get a life!) and while there on the loudspeaker, they say:
    "will the person who left his dog in the car while shopping, please come out to the parking lot. Your dog has jumped out of your car and is running around the lot"

Number one, I could not believe any IDIOTIC STUPID MORON would leave a dog in a car in the kind of heat we are having (93 today and blistering) and especially in a parking lot with no shade. Then I couldn't believe the dog was running around and could possibly get hit.

If I have my dogs in the car, we don't go anywhere they can't go which limits us to Pet Supermarket and Home Depot.

I never heard anything else, so I assume the idiot got his dog safely. I hope.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Read bac a few more posts Pom. I'm taking Star's 2 little kittens once she has them ready to go.
    Aw, that's wonderful news, Unk! You'll spoil those babies rotten, I'm sure, and they'll be great company. Make sure to post some pictures later on.

Thanks for the compliments about my babies, everyone! Yes, there are two of them, although they look a lot alike (they are sisters, after all). The slightly chubbier gal in the first two pics is Saga, and the smaller one with the white patch is Stella. Their shiny coats are probably due to the fact that they both love being brushed. Or maybe all that expensive cat food I keep buying actually does give your pets a nice silky coat. I wish I could scoop both of them up on my lap and give them a good brush right now but alas, I'm off to work.

Oh, and misskitty: I think you officially turned me into a dog person. That little cutie pie is just about the most precious thing I've ever seen! He'd look fabulous next to my two sleek black beauties, I'm sure. Can I have one, please?
    Last edited by geek the girl; 06-09-2006 at 01:28 AM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Stargazer, it undoubtedly isn't the very healthiest thing to give a cat, but when any of our boys have been having issues with not eating, whether due to my-people-went-on-holiday anger, visit-to-the-vet anxiety or some health related matter, I've always found that I can get them jump-started on food with a little bit of canned salmon (the human kind, not the feline kind). It's absolutely not the sort of thing I would feed them on any sort of regular basis, but every cat I've ever met goes nuts just at the smell of the salmon when you open the tin. Maybe if you can get junior to lick a little of the salmon liquid off of your finger that will inspire him to dig into a bowl.
    Rattus, I was wondering if you could explain why human grade salmon would not be healthy to give a cat? I have fed my dogs wild alaskan salmon for years and they have received great bloodwork results. I have always thought the omega oils were optimum for animals and even more so for a cat (fish being part of their natural diet). Obviously I am missing something here, can you expand?

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound View Post
    Rattus, I was wondering if you could explain why human grade salmon would not be healthy to give a cat? I have fed my dogs wild alaskan salmon for years and they have received great bloodwork results. I have always thought the omega oils were optimum for animals and even more so for a cat (fish being part of their natural diet). Obviously I am missing something here, can you expand?
    I don't actually know this for a fact, but I would have to assume that food produced for our pets is designed to provide a more balanced diet than tinned fish, and I have been told by a vet to avoid giving the boys a lot of fish. It sounds like you're feeding your boys the real thing which, again I'm assuming, would be more nutritionally sound than the tinned variety, and of course, a dog's diet requirements are different from a cat's. That's why I would only recommend the salmon as a treat or an inducement to eating and not as a regular component of a cat's diet.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread