+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

He might go through a little withdrawal, Unk. Or I will. He'll soon figure out he's in a great home with a great daddy, though.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Aww Star, he sounds so endearing the way he likes to be cuddled and bottle-fed. However, I can honestly say I'm glad it's you and not me! I've become accustomed to being able to sleep through the night

He may be developmentally behind his sibling but he'll catch up. When my dog had puppies she only had two. One had a birth defect and didn't survive. The survivor seemed like he was still developing after birth. His tongue hung out at a weird angle, he walked backwards, and couldn't see. I waved my hands in front of him and no response. I took him to the vet who gave him a possible diagnosis of some sort of degenerative eye blindness puppies can have (don't remember the name of it). But out of the blue, he started walking frontwards and could see! It's like he was just born too early even though the mother was on target with her due date.

Luckily his mother did feed him and take care of him. She didn't want anything to do with the one that died but she sensed the other one would be okay because she didn't abandon him. We still have him today and he is fine except for the poor thing only developed one normal sized testicle and the other is tiny. We don't plan to breed him so other than us making fun of him from time to time, he's healthy and happy (and spoiled, even more so since his mother passed away in Jan. and he gets extra attention now).

I can't wait till Unk gets the kitties and gives up updates on their antics.

I'm so excited to see Unk is going to be a new daddy! The first labrador I had was three weeks old when I got him. His mother quit feeding the litter about a week earlier, so they gave up the puppies early. I had to buy bitches milk to feed him, and he was always uniquely devoted to me. I was sure that was why, and we had one of the best dog/woman relationships I've ever had. It brings a smile to my face just remembering him. However, he did have one quirk I was sure came from losing his mom so early. I had a beach towel drying on my porch one day that he adopted. He carried that thing with him everywhere for years, and would nurse on a corner of it, even as an adult. I had to sneak it away from him to wash it just like a child with a blankie. Other than that, he was a pretty normal dog. Yeah, that's right, somewhat normal.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Roses, that's too cute about the towel. I hope you have pictures of that.

Star, I know nothing about cats, except that they make me sneeze, but have you tried dipping your finger in the kitty food and having him suck it off your finger? Maybe he would take it straight from you and then get used to it that way.

Stargazer, it undoubtedly isn't the very healthiest thing to give a cat, but when any of our boys have been having issues with not eating, whether due to my-people-went-on-holiday anger, visit-to-the-vet anxiety or some health related matter, I've always found that I can get them jump-started on food with a little bit of canned salmon (the human kind, not the feline kind). It's absolutely not the sort of thing I would feed them on any sort of regular basis, but every cat I've ever met goes nuts just at the smell of the salmon when you open the tin. Maybe if you can get junior to lick a little of the salmon liquid off of your finger that will inspire him to dig into a bowl.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Oh, those are both good ideas. I haven't tried fish at all. I hate fish, so I don't have any in the house. I'll buy a can tomorrow and see if I can get it licking some of the juice off my fingers or something. Thanks.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Slightly off topic here (what's new?) but you all may find this as funny as I did.

My son has a new neighbor and she seems quite the pushy old broad. She came over to his house yesterday to tell me that it's okay for us to feed her dog treats, but they need to be a certain kind of bacon bite things. Under no conditions are we to EVER fed him a bite of people food. I dont plan to give the yelpy little nut a bite of anything, people food or otherwise. That's her job.

They live on a busy street so I'm pretty sure that he won't be going door to door for long anyway.

Star, I did that with the kitty I used to have when she wouldn't eat, except I used tuna. I hate it though and just the thought of it on my fingers now makes me gag.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    She came over to his house yesterday to tell me that it's okay for us to feed her dog treats...
    I really read this wrong the first time. I was thinking "How presumptuous she is to think anyone will feed her anything, odd tastes in snacks notwithstanding."

+ Reply to Thread