+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    OMG...Stargazer...those babies in those pictures are just precious! Makes me just wanna eat 'em up with a spoon!

I couldn't give 'em away...the first moment they made it into my home, I'd be hooked!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Unk, I'm so very sorry to hear about Tigger. But like others have said, you did what was best for him. After we had to put down our most recent old dog, I swore I'd never get another one because I loved him so much. My husband and daughter worked on me for years, and finally wore me down. I'm so glad they did because we've got two terrific dogs now. I'm thinking Stargazer's babies would look pretty good in your arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound View Post
    I wouldn't change a thing. My sorrow for his loss is a small price to pay for the 12 years of joy he gave us.

My mom (she rescues stray and unwanted cats) says:
    Dogs and cats are Gods angels...

And I believe her.
    Horsnhound, I'm sorry about your loss, too. But your mother is right about dogs and cats being God's angels.
    Last edited by roseskid; 06-02-2006 at 01:28 AM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Unk, and horsnhound, I am so very sorry for your respective losses. I don't know how I'll survive when the time comes for my babies, but always admire the strength it takes to do the right thing in ending their pain and suffering. They were so lucky to have had such kind owners as yourselves.

Horsnhound, I love what you wrote about honoring our departed pets by opening our home to new animals who so desperately need homes. I hope that you both find some comfort in new animal companions when the time is right.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Unk and horsnhound - I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. It's never easy to lose a pet, especially one who's been with you for so long. Even knowing you did the right thing in putting an animal down still doesn't make it any less painful. You're both in my thoughts.

Star - Those kittens are just about the cutest thing ever! I don't think I'd be able to give them away....this is why I would end up as the Crazy Cat Lady if I went unchecked.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I'm thinking Stargazer's babies would look pretty good in your arms.
    I totally agree, Roses. And Unk - you're not that far away from Star.

horsnhound, I'm sorry for your loss as well.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Unklescott -
    I will say a prayer for peace and comfort in your sorrow.
    I know the recent pain of loss. My ShyAnn had CRF.

So sorry for you also - horsnhound!
    Hugs to all.

Unklescott, I hated to see that your fuzzy friend has passed on.
    I know you're going to miss him after your many years together, but I'm sure he was relieved when you did the right thing.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Unk, I recently heard of your loss. I am very sorry.

Aww, Unk, I'm so sorry about Tigger. We had to euthanize the cat I'd had since childhood a couple of years ago, and it was so hard, even though like your Tigger, she was just refusing to eat and clearly in pain. (and she was orange, like your baby. ) After a year or so, we got new cats from a no-kill shelter, and I'm really glad we did -- they keep my mother, who now lives alone, company. So maybe that's something to think about down the road. Anyway, I really am sorry.

Star, those are the CUTEST kittens! It makes me want one.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Sorry Unk, I wasn't trying to foist either of my little vagabonds off on you. But hey, if you think you're ready after they've been weaned, let me know. We might be able to arrange a kitten drop.

The poor little guys have been a handful. There were originally five with one being stillborn. Then another one died just a day or two later. Another week or so later, the mother cat started starving them one by one. The first one, I noticed too late to save. I've managed to save the other two, but they want to eat ALL THE TIME. I feel like I have a human newborn again. I'm not getting any sleep and I smell like formula all the time.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread