+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Oh Unk. Prayers for Tigger and you!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member
    for you and Tigger, Unk. I hope he will be ok. Hang in there.

Oh No Unk! Sending prayers from me and the kitts! . Keep us posted.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I hardly ever post in here but I had something interesting happen to me this morning that I wanted to share.

I decided today to get up early and go for a run before work. I went running at my work and we have boardwalk trail all over the property and tons of wildlife to view. As I was running I noticed a newly born fawn caught in the boardwalk. He had to have been only a day or two old. His legs were caught in the slats between the boards. I went over to him and managed to free three of his legs but the fourth was just stuck. I tried to pull up the board so I could get him out but it was not moving. He was just the sweetest thing and every once in a while he would cry a little and it just broke my heart. I knew one of the maintenance guys from work would be in at this point so I ran back to the Center to get their help. We got some tools and were able to pry up the board without injury to the fawn. I was holding him and wanted to set him somewhere that I hoped his mother would find him. When I set him down his little legs just wobbled and he fell but managed to get to a safe little spot.

It was such a rewarding way to start the morning and that little fawn was the cutest thing I have ever seen. I am going to check on him later to see that hopefully his mother found him and he is safe.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 05-24-2006 at 01:03 PM.

YG, that gave me chills to read that. Thanks for sharing something that lifted my spirits.
    Well, Tigger has to have his toe amputated. The vet just called me. She is concerned that it keeps eating away at the bone and they want to cut it off where the bone is still good. She said it might be a tumor and they will send it off for a biopsy. He also has cat scratch fever. My poor kitty is a mess.
    They did get him to eat last night. She tried about 5 different types of the special diet kidney food and said he gobbled one of them right up. He is much, much better than he was last night. I'll be going up to see him this afternoon.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Oh Unk...I'm so sorry to hear Tigger is having a tough time (as are you!)...I will keep both of you in my prayers! Keep us updated, OK?

Yardgnome....all I can say is WOW! What an awesome feeling you must have had after it was over with!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Just an update to the fawn. I just went up there and he was gone, I think his mother came to get him.

Unk- I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I hope everything goes okay.

Yardgnome: What a delightful story about your fawn. You must feel so good to be able to have helped it out. I'm glad it's gone. The mom must not have been far away.

Unk: We're all so sorry to hear about Tigger's toe. I hope it's not a tumor. Glad to hear he's eating some now. I'm sure your presence is helping him immensely! Thank you for keep us in touch. We still have our fingers and paws crossed for a happy and healthy turnout. Don't forget to take care of YOU too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks everyone. I just got back from the vet and I had to laugh when I went in. Tigger is in one of the largest cages they have and laying on the floor right outside his cage is a huge Golden Retriever. They both had iv's and they were too damn cute just laying there next to each other without a care in the world.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Unklescott - Been thinking about you both. Are they giving him Pepcid? He needs 5mg once to twice a day. It will help Tigger eat. Also - are they adding vitamin B12 to his IVs - It really helps. So cute that Tigger has made a freind. Hugs to Tigger.
    If you have time please check out the this site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline...rus-Management
    The people there will have so many helpful ideas.

+ Reply to Thread