+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Just got home from housesitting and I can't say that I am sad

My dog has gained SO much weight while I have been gone. But I am going to get her walking again.

Tony's dog Zephyr started chemo earlier this week, but it is not looking good.

I will upload some pictures when I finish unpacking.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Here are the doggies...and the bird. If you want to see the fishies I can post them too

Jakey

Gunther

Zora

Barnaby
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

well what a good looking bunch and nosy jakey.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thought you might be interested in this. House action was supposed to be taken today, but I haven't seen an update yet.
    ---

House Bill Considers Pets in Disater Plans
    By JIM ABRAMS (Associated Press Writer)
    From Associated Press
    May 22, 2006 4:38 PM EDT
    WASHINGTON - A television shot of a little boy losing his dog during Katrina rescue operations was the catalyst for a House vote Monday on legislation requiring pets to be considered in future emergency preparedness plans.

"The dog was taken away from this little boy, and to watch his face was a singularly revealing and tragic experience," said Rep. Tom Lantos, D-Calif., sponsor of the Pet Evacuation and Transportation Standards Act. "This legislation was born at that moment."

The House was to vote late Monday on the bill, which requires that state and local preparedness offices take into account pet owners, household pets and service animals when drawing up evacuation plans. Offices that fail to do so would not qualify for grants from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Rep. Christopher Shays, R-Conn., with Lantos a co-chair of the Congressional Friends of Animals Caucus, said estimates are that some 600,000 animals either died or were left without shelter as a result of Hurricane Katrina. He added that the lack of pet rescue plans also put many pet owners in danger.

"When asked to choose between abandoning their pets or their personal safety, many pet owners chose to risk their lives," he said.

The Humane Society of the United States cited a recent Zogby International poll that found that 49 percent of adults say they would refuse to evacuate if they couldn't take their pets with them.

Passage of the bill, said Humane Society president Wayne Pacelle, would ensure "that Americans will never again be forced to leave their best friends behind to face imminent danger."

In the Senate, Sens. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, and Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., have introduced similar legislation that also would give the FEMA director authority to grant funds to state and local agencies for animal preparedness projects, including the building of emergency shelters.

Louisiana's Legislature is considering a separate measure requiring that the state come up with plans to transport and house pets in an evacuation. The sponsor, Sen. Heulette "Clo" Fontenot, said the bill was written on the assumption the state would need 10,000 cages for the animals.

Link:
    http://my.earthlink.net/article/pol?...60522700056485

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Ok..I got an email today at work with some cute pictures and sayings and I just had to pass them along.......

Ok...danggit..I said to stop pulling my ears.......

Aww..don't cry...it'll be alright.....

Aww man..I almost had it....

Being a mechanic is hard work but it helps to pay the bills and put food on the table....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Too cute! the last one =

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

more....

Must.reach.the.cookie.

Huh? What bird?

Everybody was kung fu fighting...

I'm king of the world......

Can you hear the Brady bunch theme playing?!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

JLuvs: Wonderful pics of your "family". They look like they have wonderful personalities! Nice to have you back!

Bbnbama: Super pics. I loves photos of aminals!

anemone: Great news about the animal protection Bill. I don't think we have anything like that up here in Canada! Someone is finally thinking of our furry friends! Maybe I'll send it to my local Minister of Parliament...except they're done for the summer now.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-23-2006 at 02:44 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Tigger is back in the hospital again. When I picked him up the first time he had caught a claw in his bedding and ripped it out. His toe was a little red and swollen. When I took him back for his check up they lanced it and put some anti-biotic on it. The next day I boarded him and went on vacation. Last night when I picked him up it was terrible. I took him back to the vet today as he was barely able to walk. He might have to have his toe amputated. The vet was very apologetic and is treating him at no cost to me. My concern is he quit eating again and I hope his kidney problems can be taken care of. It kills me that he is in pain and suffering. She told me she is going to put him on painkillers and do whatever it takes to get him eating again even if she has to go buy him shrimp. She is going to call me in the morning after the chief of staff looks at him.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    oh no Unk. Lots of prayers for lil Tigger. St. Francis loves our furry friends - I'll give him a shout.

+ Reply to Thread