+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Tigger is a beautiful kitty, but good grief, Unk, it's amazing you can inject her yourself. Our little terrier mix gets ear infections quite often, and it's become such an ordeal that if she even thinks I'm going to clean her ears, she runs and hides. I didn't know someone could put an IV in a cat and live to see the next day.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Buddy Pics

Here are some more pics of Buddy - hope no one minds.

He's a cutie. A buddy of mine used to breed boxers. His ex-wife still does. They have the run of the house the big babies.

I never thought of having a Boxer until my Dad gave us Rocky - the white boxer. And we've been hooked ever since. They are so loving, smart, playful, etc. He (Buddy) was trained to only "go" when he's outside and every time he is outside, he goes. Amazing to me that I can trust him in the house all day and not worry about a mess when I come home. and he really likes to be inside vs. outside. He runs around for a bit but loves the "comfort" of home. We aer smitten!

PGM, he's adorable. What an odd coincidence that last night my daughter (who is home from college) was telling me, when she's older and settled, she wants to get a boxer. Wow, that's crazy, as we don't know anyone who owns one...she was just reading about them.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

We had a boxer when I was a kid. His name was Rocky also as in Rocky Marciano. I loved that dog.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    PGM, he's adorable. What an odd coincidence that last night my daughter (who is home from college) was telling me, when she's older and settled, she wants to get a boxer. Wow, that's crazy, as we don't know anyone who owns one...she was just reading about them.
    They really are very smart and loyal dogs. Only wanting to please their owners. We thought our Rocky was the best dog ever but Buddy is pulling up a close 2nd to him.
    Here is a pic of Rocky about a week and a half before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    We had a boxer when I was a kid. His name was Rocky also as in Rocky Marciano. I loved that dog.
    Yes, many boxers are named Rocky. LOL

Premium Member
    Unk - I'm happy to hear your kitty is home and getting pissed at you.

PGM35 - Congrats on your adoption, Buddy is adorable! For us, when we lost Marley, the best thing was getting another dog right away. Our neighbors have a beautiful Boxer, whenever I'm in the backyard he stands at the fence and cries until I go up and talk to him through the fence.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I put him in a little kitty bed that he refuses to sleep in, by the door, hung the IV up on the door, held him down, grabbed the loose skin on his back and stuck the needle in. I then had to hold him down with one hand and hold the needle in with the other. He didn't struggle too much. I had to stick him 3 times as it came out a couple of times.
    He goes to the vet to stay in their kennel tomorrow. That's when I'm leaving for Tennessee. I'll pick him up Monday afternoon. He's much better, but not quite eating enough. The vet is going to be starting him on a special diet for his kidneys while I'm gone.

It does get easier with time. Pretty soon he will be asking for his fluids. You might need two people for the first few times. This advice helped me - " you are the boss of you table!" When he is having a treatment - you are in control. No fighting, scratching, hissing allowed. And very soon it will be very simple. My kitties take a little nap. I always have a special snack for them on the table.
    The IV fluids should be kept room temp. Or the poor cat will get really cold. And now that it is summer - they should be kept out of the sun and heat. So if they need to be in the car for a long time bring a cooler.
    Please check out this link - best CRF group around, with lots of links on how to do IVs and feedings.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline...rus-Management
    If the needle has made contact with body fluids [blood ect.] you need to change between pricks. If you are making attempts but not going through you can use the same needle three times. The end part of the new needle and tubing should not touch anything. CRF cat get infections very easy. Wash your hands lots when doing treatments and petting.
    Remember that he still needs feeding not just the IV. The IV will not help with the weight issues. If he is not taking to the kidney diet, try egg whites, boiled chicken and baby foods.
    Hugs to Tigger! Have a great vacation.

my puppy!

and no he normally doesn't have blue all other his nose

+ Reply to Thread