+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Unk - I have no experience with cats but our dog Simon has NO problem taking his medicine when it's wrapped up in a little piece of cheese. Good luck and best wishes. You and Tigger are in our thoughts and we're very happy that he has recovered.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

bbnbama that picture is Hilarious!!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Tigger's home! He's laying on my chest right now and I'm typing with one hand. He's purring away.
    Awww, that makes me so very happy. I just now read Tigger was feeling poorly, but I'm glad he's home - purring away.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

We adopted a boxer this morning. The Austin Boxer Rescue had an adoption day today and we got to meet a few boxers. We took our Lily (pug) with us so she could meet them too. Most she wasn't really interested in. We weren't feeling it for a lot of them. Some have medical problems that we didn't feel like we were ready to take on again with all the problems we had with Rocky. But the organizer made a call to the Foster Dad of one that we were interested in from the website. Well he brought him over and it was love at first sight. Lily doesn't mind him at all either. He is here with us now and there is a 72 hr waiting/trial period but we are more than pretty sure that he will be staying here with us. He is completely housebroken, and very well mannered. We left them alone in the house (a first for us and Lily) and they did fine for the 1-1/2 hr that we were gone). I'm sure he'll do fine. Here is a pic from the website. We took some with my digital camera but I can't download them to this computer. I left the disks at work. Anyway, we are very happy and know that we made the right choice! Here is Buddy.

Congratulations PGM35! *hands out doggie biscuits to all*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

PGM35, congrats on the new addition to your family! And how great that you got him from a rescue group

I have one more week of housesitting the animal kingdom to go

As nice as it is...I am going to be so glad to go home.

I do have a rather sad request to put in here though:

My friend Tony has two totally gorgeous dogs named Zephyr and Valour. Zephyr is his baby and he has had her since she was a puppy. Today Tony found out that she has some kind of cancer and it looks really horrible and she will most likely die from it. She has been sick for weeks and finally he got some answers today. I don't really know what to ask for, but Zephyr is a doll and Tony is one of my best friends. I just hope they can both find comfort in the situation.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Well you can tell Tony that he has thoughts, prayers and kitty kat head butts from us here in Milwaukee.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

PGM35: Congratulations on Buddy the Boxer! I'm glad your little pug gets along with him too! You will have a happy busy house now this summer!

JLuvs: Sounds like you're doing a great job animal kingdom watching! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Tony and his dog Zephyr. It sounds so mighty sad. We'll all say some prayers for some peace and resolution.

gabriel: Thanks for the biscuit
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks everyone. They are both snoozing on the smaller loveseat next to me, Lily is practically sleeping on top of Buddy and he doesn't seem to mind it at all. Very content. It's nice to have another 4 legged critter around. He is the sweetest dog with a very gentle demeanor. He rough housed with my b/f earlier so he can get rowdy but not all the time or inappropriately.

+ Reply to Thread