+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

gabriel: That is so funny about how Mona and Joey would react to you making treats for them. I can just picture it!

Unklescott: Sorry to hear about Tigger, but very Happy he is ok and it's not as serious as you thought. My, isn't so difficult when our little furry ones get sick. At 19 years, he's doing well!

PGM35; I have no experience with rescue dogs other than they are usually wonderful and we have an organization here as well. I'm sure your interview will go well and will be informative. Let us know how it went, ok?
    -------------------
    Mr. Tootles is enjoying his summer "pup tent". I got it from IKEA and it's for little kids for indoor use I think. But it's great! He's so silly. He crawls underneath the tent, under the plastic bottom and peers out the front as if no-one can see him! But I'm really good. I can tell where he is hiding

Gracie-kins is not amused by his antics. She prefers sunning on "her" blanket on the grass and dishing on the buffet of tender greens coming up in the yard.

It's been cold, ugly weather with snow flurries and rain lately, so they're very very happy today. Happy kitts, happy mom.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    My poor Tigger is in the hospital. For the past month he has been eating less and less. At this point he was eating only about a 1/4 can of food a day. He was not himself, stayed under the bed instead of beside me all the time, didn't go nuts for food in the morning as he there was always food in his dish. Turns out he only weighed 6 pounds (he was 12 back in '04 the last time I had him at the vet). He was dehydrated, and his kidneys have many, many nodules on them. The vet is running blood tests, put him on an IV and is going to get back to me this afternoon. I'm hoping it's not the first signs of kidney failure but the reality of the situation is that he's 19 years old and could very well be on his last leg. We'll see.

Unklescott, Tigger and you are in my thoughts & prayers for sure, get that infection cleared up and give the old boy a hug for me, and a meow from Mona and Joey.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks everybody. I diddn't realize how much I would miss him around here. It sure is quiet.

Our visit went really well! We are so excited. Unfortunately a couple of the dogs we were interested from the website are already adopted. There is a 72 hr trial period that they might be returned if they are not a good fit. She stayed about 1-1/2 hrs and we just talked and talked about Boxers! She seemed to approve of us and our household, etc. And she understood how anxious we are to rescue a lovable boxer to fill the void that losing Rocky caused. He won't be replaced but we can begin a new relationship with another lovable Boxer brother. There is an adoption day planned for Sat where we can meet a lot of the rescues all at one time and place so that is something we are looking forward to. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Thanks for the update PGM35, we're keeping our eyes glued to the monitor.

UNKLESCOTT - Yeah it sure does get quiet or different in my case when one of the two is gone. Before you know it Tigger will be back home.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

PGM - when you go to the boxer adoption on Saturday, take a blanket or towel or something that has your other dog's scent on it. If you do that, the new dog can smell the other dog that he/she is going to have to live with before they actually meet. Just a suggestion - but I have several friends who have adopted pets recently and this seems to work well. I wish you the best!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    I'm so happy that Tigger is going to be fine! Our darlings can sure make us upset. I was worried that it was CRF - and came running with a link for you.
    Maybe someone else might need it - - - -
    Although CRF can not be cured you can make the end comfortable. You can do sub-Q IVs at home. It is easy and really helps. CRF cats needs pepcid. 5mg daily. And needs help eating. And there are other meds for this. There are links for feeding and other CRF help groups.
    When my Bianca was first diagnosed I went looking for answers. And this was the Best information out there!
    Feline-Phosphorus-Management group, please visit
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline...rus-Management
    With in a couple of months Bianca's sister ShyAnn followed. Bianca took to the treatments and is thriving. But Shy although helped never had the full health. Two months we had to let ShyAnn go.
    If I had not found these wonderful, loving, & intelligent folk I know that nether cat would have had the last two years that they have had. Along with the blessing of them, we have had the best Vet in the world. .
    With Shy gone & Bianca doing so well I have so much free time. Shy was really my main focus for so long that I now don't know what to do. So I continue on with Bianca - although sad and upset with the loss of our beautiful ShyAnn.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie View Post
    PGM - when you go to the boxer adoption on Saturday, take a blanket or towel or something that has your other dog's scent on it. If you do that, the new dog can smell the other dog that he/she is going to have to live with before they actually meet. Just a suggestion - but I have several friends who have adopted pets recently and this seems to work well. I wish you the best!
    Thanks doxie! That sounds like a great idea. With all the information we received yesterday about rescues and habits and introductions, that wasn't mentioned. Maybe we'll look smarter when we get there.

My cousin has two gorgeous Samoyeds. Both purebred. The male was just mated with a female from his original kennel. He is now the proud DADDY of THREE amazing little pups: two boys and one girl. I have no idea which is which but my cousin gets first dibs on any of them. These little ones are ALMOST as cute as kittens. I'd take them all if they stayed this small and could learn how to use a litter box!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I went to the vet to visit Tigs today. He still might have cancer, don't know yet. He is in the first stages of kidney failure. He is eating. They put 4 different types of food out to see which he liked and he ate all 4 of them. They told me he's pretty quick for being 19 as they had to chase him down the hall when he escaped as they opened his cage. I'll probably be bringing him home tomorrow. I miss him.

+ Reply to Thread