+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Thanks, myrosiedog! I had no idea the sig line had some factual basis to it at all It would be fun to watch a cat in perpetual motion rotating in the air, however not so much fun for the cat!
    Attachment 17132
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:28 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Well starting on Saturday I am going to be house sitting for three dogs, some fishiesl and a bird. The last one drives me insane...but a friend is going on a cruise. No computer for me for a little over two weeks But it will be fun.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

J Luvs. Have fun with your family! We'll miss you. Let's see now.. We have three , a and a ....wait....where's that feathered icon?? We need a bird here people. Where's the bird? Show me the bird... Ooopsy! I don't mean that!
    Attachment 17134
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I can't believe it was that long ago (11/13/05) that I posted about the problems we were having with Rocky. It is continuing and we've been to the vet twice since then. They are testing his thyroid again (a stronger, more thorough check) and if that is fine, then the next test will be for Cushings Disease. He is having some hair loss/scabbing around his hind legs/thigh area and since it's symetrical on both legs, the vet thinks it could be Cushings. She also thinks that b/c the symptoms are matching what he has been experiencing, with his weight gain (also symetrical - he is thick all over ) and with his thirst, urination, and the skin problems.
    We'll just have to wait and see what the tests show.
    My dog Rocky died today. I found this post to see how long he's been sick (since Nov). He wasn't always "really" sick but his liver tests were really elevated last week and we were supposed to take him back to be tested for Cushings but they kept putting it off saying they wanted to try this and that. Anyway, it was really hard. My b/f came home and Rocky wouldn't get up to greet him. He picked him up and he was so hot and he thought to cool him down, he'd put him in the tub. Then he just stopped breathing. At least that's what my b/f said happened. Rocky was his best friend and the best dog anyone could ever hope for. We will really miss him.

Oh NO! PGM35 I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved ROCKY. It must have been very difficult to see your puppy sick over so much time and not be able to help. It was nice that your b/f was there for him and he wasn't alone though.

Rest In Peace Rocky-puppy

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    PGM35...my heart breaks for you and your b/f over your loss of Rocky. Losing a pet is such a hard thing....hopefully you can have peace knowing that Rocky isn't suffering anymore and he's running carefree in doggy heaven.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

PGM35, I am so very sorry for your loss. My babies haven't even turned four yet, so I'm hoping for many, many happy years together with them, but my heart breaks just thinking that there will come a day when they won't be around. I can't even imagine how you must feel. Come here whenever you feel like venting, and take comfort in knowing that Rocky is no longer suffering.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

PGM35, sorry to hear about your loss, my best wishes go to you.

SFH
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

PGM35 I'm sorry to hear about Rocky. It's always hard to lose a pet because they are so special and give us unconditional love.

PGM35, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Rocky. I know how hard it is to lose one of your boys - they are such an important part of our lives.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread