+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 1760 FirstFirst 123456789101112521025021002 ... LastLast
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I had a dog for 17 years (10 more than the wife) Now I just have 1 cat, had to have 1 put down last year due to kidney failure and my daughter has 2 dwarf rabbits.

Ok I gotta be the proud parent and show off my "kids" too. This is my boy Midnight...he was found on the side of a busy street as a kitten where his mother had met a very unfortunate fate with an automobile.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And since I've yet to figure out how I can put pictures that are saved into my computer together on a post, this is my little girl, Spooki. I took her in on the Halloween night my ex and I moved out of our apartment, we found her wandering around all scraggly and malnourished and she was so friendly we just decided to keep her.

Here are my babies...our home is turning into quite a zoo lol, but I love it!

First is Butch the Lizard, he is an African Skink and just a baby still:

Here are my two turtles. The left one if Cher, she's a Russian Tortoise and I got her for my birthday this year (she's eating a cucumber right there lol) and the right one is Freya, an Eastern Boxturtle which I've had for about a year:

Then of course, last but not least...I think this one's been posted on here before. Saga, my boxer/beagle who I adopted from animal shelter Xmas of 2000 (and yeah she actually sleeps like that... lol...):

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Sleeping on you back has got to be a boxer thing. My sister had two boxers and they both slept like that. It was kinda cute, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

How did you get that action shot of Saga? A little jam on the nose, perhaps?

Look, John has a soft spot in his big ol' heart I understand Calicos are always female. Lovin's to all, but especially those who take in strays or from the shelters. These are such awesome pictures of all type of beloved pets. Where are the birds and fishes? One thing I learned was how snakes are not cold and slimy at all. They're warm and dry. Pythons are very heavy!

When I take dogs to outreaches (adoption fairs) the puppies tend to sleep on their backs. I think it's the cutest thing.

Originally posted by John
    We just took in a stray, but super-friendly cat, and named her Cali (not intentionally after our super-mod Cali, but she's just as sweet). Our dog doesn't like her much, but whatever

[IMG]images/img/ourcat.jpg[/IMG]

John: I got my dog first and he didn't like the cat either. He got over it and now they are lil buddies. He still doesn't care for the second cat much, but I think Vincent is just too squirrly for him. Some mean boys cut Vincent's ears off and I think he still has "issues" deep down inside. I bet your two get used to each other soon!

I just deleted my first reply, because I can't seem to get this image attachment thing down. Let's try this again.

Edit: woo hoooo! Okay, those are my cats, Tiberius (left) and Akasha (right). Akasha was a gift for my 21st birthday (8 years ago) and Tiberius was my gift to her. At the time, I was working fulltime and going to school fulltime, so I didn't want her to be lonely. He was a stray from the pound, and to this day remains the best 5 bucks I've ever spent.

I already posted my 3 in a different thread, but I'm worse than any parents when it comes to bragging about my babies.

From left to right, Bailey is 13, Po Kitty is 12 and Vincent Van Gogh is 2 1/2.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I have a sweet little cat named "Lady". I've had her for 7 yrs. and have yet been able to take a pic of her. She was running wild when I found her and was about 3-4 mos. old. She has finally calmed down for me but is terrified of most other people and hides under the bed whenever anyone is around. She seems to know what a camera is and panics whenever I get it out to take her picture. I guess she was meant just for me to enjoy and enjoy her I do.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

+ Reply to Thread