+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

*voiceover for Henry* *sigh* The things we do to make these silly humans happy..........
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh-Oh. I found this photo of Marley after an Easter celebration. He doesn't look too good. Who wants to tell Marleybone of his escapades?

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Now THAT'S what I call a bunny-rabbid !

Henry looks dashing as ever, phat and doxie. I'd try dressing up my babies for Easter, except I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll end up in the ER with life-threatening injuries. They won't even tolerate wearing a collar, so I doubt this would go down very well. Most cats hate getting dressed, although I did come across this in a Swedish newspaper:

The poor kitties don't look exactly thrilled.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

You are certainly right about that geekthegirl! Cats hate to be dressed in anything. Some days it's amazing their collars stay on. It appears that dogs are easier and more happy to oblige their owners with playing dress-up! Some of them really seem to like posing and ham it up for the camera! Like this little mutt....

MRD
    OUr female dog LOVES to dress up and loves her sweaters (she gets cold), but my daughter started that when she was a puppy, dressed her up and pushed her around in the doll stroller.

The male HATES it. He gets embarrassed. I swear! He then squats and pees because he doesn't like it. YOu can tell he's upset. He doesn't even like for you to put a collar or leash on him either.

And he hates when his mom, the female has clothes on and tries to take them off of her.
    -------------------------
    We were watching something on tv the other day and they were showing designer doghouses and my daughter says: "Oh we should get one for our dogs". I looked at her and said: "they have one. It's 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, air conditioned and has a kitchen. What more could they want!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Elephant Eats Scores of Cookies, Gets Sick

Sri Lanka's most celebrated elephant, Raja, lies in pain at Gangaramaya temple in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Tuesday, April 11, 2006. Raja, meaning king in both Sinhalese and Tamil languages has fallen ill after eating scores of cookies chocolates and other rich food offered to him as part of Buddhist new year celebrations. Half-a-dozen monks, a veterinarian and the chief of the Zoology Department of the Colombo University attended to him at the temple. (AP Photo/ Gemunu Amarasinghe)

abcnews.com

COLOMBO, Sri Lanka Apr 11, 2006 (AP)— Sri Lanka's most celebrated elephant, "Raja," has fallen ill after eating scores of cookies, chocolates and other rich food offered to him as part of Buddhist new year celebrations.

Thousands of worshippers have visited Raja at Colombo's 150-year-old Gangaramaya Temple in recent days ahead of the new year celebrations starting Thursday.

Many have offered Raja, named for the word meaning king in both Sinhalese and Tamil, homemade cookies deep fried in coconut oil, chocolates, rice cooked in thick milk and fermented slices of sweet pineapple, monks who care for him said Tuesday.

At dawn Tuesday, monks found Raja writhing in pain with tears in his eyes.

Monks, a veterinarian and the chief of zoology at Colombo University attended to Raja, 45, who retched and thrashed about in discomfort in his sandy enclosure.

"He likes eating and yesterday many people came and offered him all sorts of things," said Kirinde Assaji, the 37-year-old monk who led efforts to help Raja.

Elephant's mostly eat vegetation, and their digestive system can not easily cope with rich or processed foods, veterinarians said.

"We presume he has got a severe infection through bad food and is unable to purge normally," said Tissa Ratnasuriya of Colombo University's Zoology Department. "The cookies … literally are soaked in oil and those were given to Raja. He is under severe pain."

For centuries, aristocratic families in Sri Lanka kept elephants captured from the wild. The presence of an elephant, preferably a bull elephant like Raja, is common at big Buddhist temples in Sri Lanka, where Buddhism is the majority religion.

A century ago, 10,000 to 15,000 elephants roamed wild in Sri Lanka, but today only about 3,000 remain, largely because of poaching and loss of habitat.

The monks on Tuesday hung a handwritten notice by Raja's enclosure that read: "Do not feed the elephant."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The poor baby!! I hope he gets better soon, elephants are awesome.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Poor Raja. Wasn't there someone monitoring his sweets intake? Shame on them. :nono
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD
    I just want to know WHERE did you get that picture of me on Dec. 26??? After I had eaten scores of Christmas cookies, chocolates and other treats and was sick as a dog, I mean, um elephant. I thought I had hidden that picture from everyone.

I now have the same sign Raja has: Do not feed the Elephant.

All kidding aside, poor guy, why would the elephants handlers let him eat all that??? I hope they can give him a big pepto bismal or something and make him feel better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Awww...the poor elephant. We just got an English Mastiff pup (4 months) who will be the size of an elephant soon!! I will try to post a pic. She is very sweet, but I swear she is going to eat us out of house and home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread