+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I posted a while ago about my brother's dog Fletch. If you recall, Fletch has been my brothers constant companion for almost 15 years. Sadly, my brother had him put down on Monday. I just learned about this today as I was driving my brother and my son to the airport. He told me he has cried for 2 days, but he now knows it was the best thing. He said it was like his best friend died - and really, he did. So, while he is in Miami, he is going to get Fletch's pic inked on his back shoulder. Pretty big deal for him since he has never had a tatoo-and he is almost 40.
    R.I.P. Fletch -The best Chesapeake Bay Retriever my family will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    I posted a while ago about my brother's dog Fletch. If you recall, Fletch has been my brothers constant companion for almost 15 years. Sadly, my brother had him put down on Monday. I just learned about this today as I was driving my brother and my son to the airport. He told me he has cried for 2 days, but he now knows it was the best thing. He said it was like his best friend died - and really, he did. So, while he is in Miami, he is going to get Fletch's pic inked on his back shoulder. Pretty big deal for him since he has never had a tatoo-and he is almost 40.
    Aww, poor Fletch. I know he's in a better place now. I remember reading your story a while back and it sounds like he hung in there for quite a bit longer. I know that was more your brother not being able to let go but bless Fletch's heart, he kept on going. And his tatoo tribute is so touching. I hope one day your brother will be able to open his heart up to another furry friend.

Premium Member

snow dog

The first thing Katie did after the snowstorm was run out and lay down in it.

Marleybone: What a good doggie Katie is! Fun in the SNOW! Yipppee!

AnaBannana: I'm so sorry to hear about Fletch. He looks like he was a wonderful pet from your avatar. May he rest in peace in Puppy Heaven. I know how difficult it was for your brother from your previous posts. I think it's pretty cool he's getting a tatoo in Fletch's memory. As ArchieComicFan said, I too hope he can eventually move on giving another dog (or cat) some of his love.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Attachment 16790 Attachment 16791 Attachment 16792

I just had about 300 cedar waxwings swoop down from the sky in my neighborhood. They were incredible. And noisy! They devoured my mountain ash tree that has little red berries. And they made a huge mess of twigs, berries, and poop all over my deck, the yard and my sinister's car! It felt like a scene from The Birds. They are absolutely gorgeous birds. Mr. Tootles and Gracie were speechless.... well meow-less. They'd never seen anything like that ever. Me either for that matter. WOW! Just WOW!
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:20 AM.

That must have been some sight to behold. I wish I could have seen this. I see you're LAUGHING about the POO all over your SINISTERS car- for shame..... (aside: rigggght)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm really into gnomes. I just love them and have several, although they're plastic. I bought a few that also double for bird feeders but the squirrels are always bullying the birds! Oh well, at least I'm feeding the outside critters.

Weird gnome story not related to pets but since I'm thinking about it I'll share. I bought a gnome that wasn't painted and my mom, who's very creative, decided to paint it for me. So after she finishes painting it, we realize it looks JUST like her husband that recently passed from cancer. I mean it's eerily similar to him. I didn't have the heart to put that one outside so I keep it inside with a candle on it (the hat on the head doubles as a bird feeder).

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I see you're LAUGHING about the POO all over your SINISTERS car- for shame..... (aside: rigggght)
    Aw, you got me figured out gabriel! What can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComicFan
    ...gnome..it looks JUST like her husband ...with a candle on it (the hat on the head doubles as a bird feeder)
    Now THAT I'd almost pay to see!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Ana - I missed this post. I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother dog. It's one of the hardest things to go through. Give him a hug, please.

ArchieComicFan: I sent you a PM to help you post your photo!

+ Reply to Thread