+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Cool pictures, FH! My grandma used to have a woodpecker like that in her hickory tree, but that's the only one that I'd ever seen in Kentucky. I think we mostly have the smaller woodpeckers here. My mom would have a field day in your backyard. She loves taking pictures of birds.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

The thing is, he is probably getting perks from Science Diet just like every other vet so it's not likely to prompt him to recommend the better pet foods.
    My dogs' breeder made it very clear that I was NOT to feed Science Diet. The purchase contracts spelled out which foods were acceptable, and that feeding SD was grounds for repossessing the Newfs. That told me about as much as I needed to know.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    My dogs' breeder made it very clear that I was NOT to feed Science Diet. The purchase contracts spelled out which foods were acceptable, and that feeding SD was grounds for repossessing the Newfs. That told me about as much as I needed to know.
    Wow. That is interesting. I know from listening to my SIL that breeders are very particular about doing only the best for their dogs, so I would trust their advice. I only wish I had asked her about feeding sooner instead of listening to my vet. I'm starting to feel like maybe I should trash the rest of the SD and switch now. It's just hard when you pay $30 for a bag of dog food to just dump it. Probably best to just get the better food now and mix it so they can adjust to the new food.

Newfherder - would you mind my asking which foods were recommended by your breeder?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Wow. That is interesting. I know from listening to my SIL that breeders are very particular about doing only the best for their dogs, so I would trust their advice. I only wish I had asked her about feeding sooner instead of listening to my vet. I'm starting to feel like maybe I should trash the rest of the SD and switch now. It's just hard when you pay $30 for a bag of dog food to just dump it. Probably best to just get the better food now and mix it so they can adjust to the new food.

Newfherder - would you mind my asking which foods were recommended by your breeder?
    Holy crap! Is that how much Science Diet is? That's ridiculous. The Pinnacle is expensive but not that bad.

Here it is:

http://www.waggintails.com/store/Dis...p?sku=BCDK-007

I guess it is that expensive if you buy it in 30 lb bags. That's a bit large for a 10 1/2 pound Jack Russell.

Btw, right now, she's barking at the leftover steak and sesame ginger rice I'm letting cool down before putting them away. Little nutjob.
    Last edited by Mariner; 03-22-2006 at 01:56 AM.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Holy crap! Is that how much Science Diet is? That's ridiculous. The Pinnacle is expensive but not that bad.
    That's for a 40 pound bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    That's for a 40 pound bag.
    Well then as you can see from the above, the Pinnacle is more expensive. Never mind.

Premium Member
    Well then as you can see from the above, the Pinnacle is more expensive. Never mind.
    It's probably better quality too. I'm expecting to pay a lot more when I go buy the new food. It's worth it though.

Btw, right now, she's barking at the leftover steak and sesame ginger rice I'm letting cool down before putting them away. Little nutjob.
    Aw, Mariner, give her a little bite!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Aw, Mariner, give her a little bite!
    Don't you worry. I'm a big old softy. I put a couple bites of steak in her dish.

You should see this video. It's amazing she's lived. That's 80 feet! It's on CBSnews video - http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...um=10&offset=0

Me-ouch! Cat survives 24-metre fall from tree in South Carolina

22:31:10 EST Mar 21, 2006
    SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (AP) - Piper the cat may have used up a life or two but was unharmed after falling nearly 24 metres from a tree.

She had been in the tree for eight days when a rescuer began climbing up to save her Monday. But a scared Piper crept away until the limb underneath her snapped. She fell 24 metres, twisting and turning in the air before slamming onto the ground. It looked like a catastrophe but Piper was not even dazed, scampering off before her owner Rodney Colvin could catch her.

Piper was found a few minutes later under a vehicle. Her owner said she had no broken bones and was only a little dehydrated.

© The Canadian Press, 2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 03-22-2006 at 03:57 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread