+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 1750 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829691195191019 ... LastLast
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Here is my cat, Minette
    I am hoping that my kitten, Buck, looks like Minette when he is full grown.

Very nice kitty you have

If you want someone who will do anything to please you,
    get a dog.

If you want someone who will bring you the newspaper
    without tearing through it first for the sports page, get
    a dog.

If you want someone who'll make a total fool of himself
    because he's glad to see you, get a dog.

If you want someone who eats whatever you put in front of
    him and never says his mother made it better, get a dog.

If you want someone who never touches the remote, couldn't
    care less about Monday Night Football, and watches
    dramatic movies with you as long as you want, get a dog.

If you want someone who'll be content just to snuggle up
    and keep you warm in bed, and whom you can kick out of bed
    if he slobbers and snores, get a dog.

If you want someone who never criticizes anything you do,
    doesn't care how good or bad you look, acts as though
    every word you say is worth hearing, never complains, and
    loves you unconditionally all the time, get a dog!

On the other hand...If you want someone who never comes
    when you call him, totally ignores you when you walk in
    the room, leaves hair all over the place, walks all over
    you, prowls around all night and come home only to eat
    and sleep all day, and acts as though you are there only
    to see that He's happy...

Get a CAT!

>>Just kidding! Cats are independent, but lovable too!

DON'T FORGET to keep an eye on your pets this week. Especially cats, any cats but, black cats are more at risk around and on Halloween. I'm sure they won't mind spending some extra time with you.

A couple of years ago, before my beloved black kitty died, there was some maniac around Halloween that was hanging cats (especially black ones) in trees. I was terrified that she would somehow get out. People that do that kind of thing are profoundly disturbed.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Stargazer401 that's horrible! I'm sorry about your kitty. What a sick *(@&! I don't think any state has sufficient laws and stiff enough punishment (not just fines) for people (kids and adults) who do these kinds of things. The organization I volunteer for posts articles re: good and bad things people do, laws, etc. I don't read those anymore.

I remember years ago these two guys broke into either a vet clinic or a shelter and chased and bashed all the cats until they were dead. Why? They said it was because they were bored and didn't have anything to do. There were people in that town that felt a big deal was made out of nothing! Also, because a lot of them were strays, they were not seen as pets under the law and the fine was minimal for "objects" that are not "owned". IMO, the law can be sick too. Now, if it were up to me...

Quote Originally Posted by eldee

I remember years ago these two guys broke into either a vet clinic or a shelter and chased and bashed all the cats until they were dead. Why? They said it was because they were bored and didn't have anything to do. There were people in that town that felt a big deal was made out of nothing! Also, because a lot of them were strays, they were not seen as pets under the law and the fine was minimal for "objects" that are not "owned". IMO, the law can be sick too. Now, if it were up to me...

Just to clarify, my kitty died of natural causes a few years later but a lady that lived 1/2 mile from me had her kitty killed

I read about that story when it happend, eldee. I followed it and remembered all of the controversy. I think that they should have been punished SEVERELY. When kids do something like that out of boredom, they are disturbed. One of the early warning signs of serial killer behavior is torture and mutilation of animals. It takes a sick, sick mind to want to do something like that for a sense of pleasure.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm glad that it was not your kitty that died a death like that. You must have felt so fortunate, especially in comparison to that other lady.

How many times do we hear/read about serial killers starting out as animal abusers? Why do people still continue to ignore warning signs?

A guy who used to work here told me/us about when he was young (in Scotland perhaps) how the farmers would tie the sheep testicles so the lack of blood would make the testicles fall off. When they were kids they used to shot pebbles or rocks with a sling shot to the privates to hear them scream and ha, ha. I told him that it was a very cruel thing to do. His reply was that we may consider it barbaric, but in other countries it is not. I then explained to him how cruelty and barbaric behavior is about who you are. Of course, I told him about how serial killers start out by being cruel to animals.

Later, when I needed to find a home for a declawed cat, only two people replied. Yup, he was one of them. This reason was that when their little girl would pulled the cat's tail and he didn't want her to get scratched. Needless to say, I found her (the cat) a home with a good and caring family...not his!

Where is the humanity when it comes to people and animals with some people? I'll never understand them.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    THOUGHT PEOPLE MAY WANT TO READ THIS..CAUTION, THIS IS AN UPSETTING ARTICLE, UNFORTUNATELY IT SHOULD BE READ.

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/PetFood2.html

That's absolutely horrible and very scary. Is it that hard to make decent food for man's best friend???
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Inner Strength

If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills,
    If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
    If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
    If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,
    If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time,
    If you can overlook when people take things out on you when,
    through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,
    If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
    If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
    If you can conquer tension without medical help,
    If you can relax without liquor,
    If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
    If you can do all these things,
    Then you are probably the family dog.

(Think of a pic of a happy dog, driving a car with his ears floppying back )

+ Reply to Thread