Like Tree4274Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

The more the merrier, way..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Two kittens really isn't that many more than one kitten, way. I feel like you need a pair of them. I've always wanted a gray kitten.

If there's a local feline rescue around, you should give them a call about the other kittens. When they're still tiny, they can be socialized pretty easily. After a certain age, it's not possible in a lot of cases, but with the little guys, you have a chance. The ones in my area will help you catch them and do all of the work.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I personally am a dog lover, not that I mind cats, I just love dogs. However, I don't have any animals right now because my landlord doesn't allow animals in his flat. But when I move out this will be my primary requirement when searching!

I have Wine and Legos night with my 80 year old neighbor once a week with an ongoing storyline. The primary couple runs a vet clinic/shelter. This week we are featuring bunnies post Easter.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I have Wine and Legos night with my 80 year old neighbor once a week with an ongoing storyline. The primary couple runs a vet clinic/shelter. This week we are featuring bunnies post Easter.
    OK, not quite sure I get this. Are you making lego bunnies, sad ones that need readoption?
    Photobabe likes this.

For some reason a lot of Lego sets have bunnies... different sizes, colors, positions. They’re cute, but what do you do with them all? We’re giving our family with the animal shelter a post Easter run on bunnies. The food equivalent is croissants. Every food situation has croissants.
    Brooks likes this.
    Count your blessings!

They're so cute! I'd be tempted to keep them all but of course, that would be impossible. I say take two, as well.
    "You're gonna tip that boat over and wet my weave!" To Rome For Love on Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Happy Birthday to Kit Kat! My baby boy is one year old today. I brought him home last year in early June after getting him from a co-worker. See post #18768 in this thread for my post introducing him.

He's big for such a young one! By next year, he'll probably be the size of a small pony.

Attachment 32691
    Happy Birthday, KitKat. I remember when you first got to your new home.
    Can't believe how much he's grown.
    Punkin likes this.
    "You're gonna tip that boat over and wet my weave!" To Rome For Love on Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    OMG! That's the cutest thing I've heard in a while!
    Gutmutter likes this.

Up north here, we got hammered with snowstorms recently, which is late in the year even up here. So, all the robins (and other migratory birds) that came back at their regular time, have been unable to find any food under the feet of snow that's everywhere! There were lots of reports of birds dying, because they are not able to sustain the cold and lack of food for long. They say robins are not very hearty, actually kind of fragile. We've been urged to put out food for them until the snow melts and they can get at the dirt/bugs/plants again.

Well, a school group nicely made up some bags of bird food and distributed them to everyone, and I sprinkled it all over the back yard when I got home, happily thinking I'd be able to help the robins. Turns out you can't choose who you help, because I haven't seen one robin, but the dang squirrels loved it. And this morning, there are lots of grackles out there eating what's left of it! They're the bullies of the neighborhood, stealing food from other birds, and they are the ones that dive-bomb my head when I cut the grass (because they nest in my arborvitae). Ugh. It's not kind of me, but I REALLY don't want to help those birds! Anyway, the snow is melting and I can see grass again, so they're on their own from here on out - I'll give the rest of the bird food to someone in another neighborhood. My next door neighbor and I are so done with these grackles - they terrorize her and her little dog too; she's got a whole row of arborvitae so they love her yard! And they make an annoying noise, so there's really nothing appealing about having them around! So what started out as a mission to help has turned into feeding the nightmare, unfortunately. The only positive: my cat loved watching the grackles because they were so close to the house.
    Stargazer161 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread