+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4167Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Pip has a new song! I've started singing "Pip Goes the Weasel" in her honor. She doesn't seem to care one way or the other about it but oddly, Kit Kat seems to like it. Pip is his girlfriend so I think he gets stirred up hearing her name. LOL!
    Punkin and Cornholio like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

You definitely qualify for "Cat Lady of the Year"!!! I envy you for your cat family. (Especially your cutie Tuxedo.

Though now that I have a garden flock of birds and a couple of squirrels to feed and watch, I am getting to be OK with not having cats for obvious reasons. (Rationalization.) I worry who will fill the 3 feeding stations for what has now become 3 times a day, when I go on vacation next week! My DIL keeps trying to remind me they are not my pets. But these birds, and Blackie and Grey, the two squirrels, can really eat a lot. Whoever coined the term, "eating like a bird", hasn't seen how these birds can pack it away! Whatever will they do without me for a week?
    Cornholio likes this.
    Lynda

They will survive. You need the time away from everything bay area and California after the past year. Guess what...squirrels cope when not fed. When I no longer threw peanuts on the patio, they got mad, but then they ignored me and went on with their lives.
    Punkin and agamergirl like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I used to put corn out on my back porch for the birds and squirrels but then the squirrels started damaging the soffits of my condo so I stopped. As much as the cats and I enjoyed watching the wildlife, I couldn't encourage them to move in with me and damage my home!

Some day when I'm able to move out of this condo and into a real house, I'd like to have bird and squirrel feeders out in the yard. Maybe even a butterfly/hummingbird garden.
    Cornholio likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I used to put corn out on my back porch for the birds and squirrels but then the squirrels started damaging the soffits of my condo so I stopped. As much as the cats and I enjoyed watching the wildlife, I couldn't encourage them to move in with me and damage my home!

Some day when I'm able to move out of this condo and into a real house, I'd like to have bird and squirrel feeders out in the yard. Maybe even a butterfly/hummingbird garden.
    Squirrels damage houses too. A few years ago I had to have all my attic insulation replaced, all my electrical wiring in the attic replaced, all soffits and trim boards replaced and covered with metal siding and a tree removed. All due to squirrel damage. The cost was well over $3,000.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

At a house, I would put feeders out in the yard. Because the stairs at my condo are unsafe and the backyard is wild anyway, I don't go out in the yard so I was feeding the animals on my porch.

It's too bad squirrels are so destructive! They're cute as can be but they sure can do a lot of damage.

We haven't had any damage from squirrels...they seem pretty happy outside and not interested in getting into the house. But the palm rats here in Naples chew up everything! They chewed holes through our screen and were running around inside our pool area/porch. The screen repair guy was telling me they actually EAT the screening like a snack! They also made a nest in our shed there were like 30 of them in there. They are known for moving into people's attics via the soffits.

I really really hate this but we had rat traps installed all around the perimeter of the house. They are large boxes that a pest control company put in place and they come out and take care of them. They quickly electrocute the rats when they go inside. The last thing I want is to hurt ANY animal. But I've been assured that this is the most humane way to solve the problem and we just can't have all these rats multiplying and getting into our porch, soffits, etc.

As some of you guys know...I've been feeling rather crappy this past few days...and these girls have loved on me and they know I have been feeling down. Lucy, the older one....especially...won't leave my side...and cries/barks when she seems me coming home from work. Sadie loves me too..of course. My munchkins!

LB1.jpg

sl1.jpg
    Punkin, pikachu, shyra and 7 others like this.
    My head is full of fire and grief and my tongue runs wild, pierced with shards of glass~ Federico García Lorca

Beautiful, unconditional love. ((hugs)) to them and you.
    Cornholio and Stargazer161 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Awww they are so sweet Star. It's amazing how they sense when you are sad and want to love on you even more!
    Punkin and Stargazer161 like this.

+ Reply to Thread