+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Yeah Pumpkin and Marlybone! Sounds great!

And Sweetdreams, I lost my kitty to Cancer a couple years ago, very hard thing to do. If it helps, and I've mentioned it here before, a party to celebrate your love's life while still alive really helped me prepare for the inevitable. Mine also had tumours that were prevalent in dogs, in fact even at the Animal Medical Center, which is supposed to be the premiere cancer center, they hadn't seen anything like it (I even got in contact with researchers in Italy )

I would suggest a second opinion, because you never know. But you do have us, and we have you! Take care, and never feel afraid to cry on here. We've all been through it before

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I can't believe that I'm even more horrified than I was by the story of Pumpkin, but these nasty people abandoned a declawed cat to fend for itself? On behalf of all the abandoned kitties (including those that live and have lived with us), we thank you for giving that really gorgeous boy a good home.
    This has me seeing red every time I think about it. Thanks everyone for your kind words.

FORT Fan
    Thanks to all who responded. And I know what you've all said is true.

I just can't believe how much I'm hurting NOW and he's still here with me.
    Every time I think of him or look at him or tell others about him... I start to cry.

I've talked to various vets and they've all said the same. Because of the type of cancer they wouldn't do anything for it. To let my cats final days be as painless as possible.

Its hard seeing his daily activities become not so daily.

I know I sound ridiculous for saying this... BUT I'll say it anyway... I love my animals more than I love people.

They teach us what pure love is and I can't bare to lose that.

I've cried so much... I can't believe I still have tears left.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. "Norty" and I appreciate them!
    Last edited by Amanda; 03-09-2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Removed color tags.

Premium Member
    sweetdreams, I remember when we found out about Marley's cancer we knew we only had a few days left with her. We cried and cried, spent every minute with her and took I don't know how many rolls of film. When the time came to let her go it was hard as hell, I don't think there are many things as hard as walking out of the vet's with an empty collar, but at the same time we also felt some relief that she was no longer in pain. It wasn't until after she was gone that we realized we had already done the hardest part of the grieving while she was still alive. Take care.

All of you who have lost your "kids", I am crying with you. My sister took her "first baby" to the vet last week, (a beautiful calico kitty) for her health issues, and they determined that she had a gallbladder problem. She went into surgery, and once they got in, they saw that it was her pancreas. If you have a pancreas problem, there is no treatment. You can't live without it, and you can't transplant it. So they had to sew her up, wait for her to wake up, and give my sister time to say goodbye before they put her down. (Pancreas disease is exceptionally painful, so it would have been cruel to make her continue to suffer.) It is the same prognosis for humans, so my sister did the humane thing and let her go. I feel for all of you whose babies are having health issues. All you can do is be grateful for the time that you were able to enjoy them. And their presence in our lives is a pure gift of pure acceptance and love. They make us better people,able to understand unconditional love.
    Go Tigers!

sweetdreams, I'm so sorry to hear this!! It just breaks my heart.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    sweetdreams, I'm so sorry to hear this!! It just breaks my heart.
    http://i2.tinypic.com/r2193t.gif

OMG! That just made me cry.

I think I've lost all control over my emotions...

Thanks though... I really needed that!

sweetdreams . It's so sad to hear of your sick little kitty. It's unfortunate there's really nothing you can do except continue to love her in your heart forever and ever.

I thought I'd update everyone on Kimitsiq, the german shepherd who was stabbed twice in his head last week. He's recuperating at the Humane Society. His previous owner, who stabbed him, wants him back. The Humane Society is now going to court in order to get a protection order for the dog so he can continue to recuperate at the shelter and then in a new loving home. This has made everyone very happy at the lengths they are going in order to give this lovely animal a safe and loving home. Attachment 16698
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 06:21 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty, not only do I hope the previous owner doesn't get him back but I hope they are punished as well. I'm glad the dog is doing well and around people who are loving and caring.

We had a pretty sickening thing happen to a pet here a couple of months ago by a monster of a person and it was so horrible that I won't even say what it was. I haven't heard any more about what type of punishment he might get but I'm sure it won't be enough. Our system in my town takes forever just to get someone to court.

Premium Member
    Surely they will not be forced to return the dog to that monster. Somebody should stab him in the head a couple of times.

+ Reply to Thread