+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4090Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Is anyone else following April, the pregnant giraffe?
    Yes. I need a shower, I need to brush my teeth, I need to eat
    16864291_1005896116210520_9042681986597730957_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-06-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Brooks and AZChristian like this.
    "Almost everybody has a hard time apologizing if they feel “over accused”, that is, pushed to assume more than their fair share of the blame. As one man put it, “When my wife criticizes me, I don’t want to apologize because I feel like I’m putting my neck on the chopping block. If I apologize, I’m agreeing with her that I’m the whole problem. And that’s not true.” - Psychology Today

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Awesome memes.

She'd better have it today or tomorrow. I'm going on a trip starting on Wednesday, and will be out of internet reach on Saturday and Sunday. I don't want to have invested all this time and then MISS IT.
    redsox girl likes this.
    I'm Paula.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...oost/21874671/

Dobby was born a week ago at the Denver Zoo. So, if you need to see a baby giraffe, check him out.
    redsox girl and AZChristian like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

AZ , Oh no! There are people on the April feed who are in the same boat as you-They are going away and are expressing stress that they'll miss the birth. After watching her for two weeks.

Awww, I love it when April and Oliver get some one on one time with Corey and Alyssa.
    Yes, I know the name of Aprils keepers lol There's also a rodent that scurries in and out at night. Everyone decided to name him Templeton. After the rodent in Charlottes Web. He's her night nurse lol
    The last 16 months have been hard. I need this distraction.
    Gutmutter and AZChristian like this.
    "Almost everybody has a hard time apologizing if they feel “over accused”, that is, pushed to assume more than their fair share of the blame. As one man put it, “When my wife criticizes me, I don’t want to apologize because I feel like I’m putting my neck on the chopping block. If I apologize, I’m agreeing with her that I’m the whole problem. And that’s not true.” - Psychology Today

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I even keep my Kindle Fire next to my bed. When I get up to go potty, I check on her. I love it when Corey and Alyssa wave at the camera as they leave her stall. Did you see Corey taking pictures of her underneath tonight? Probably going to send them to the vet to update the state of her teats (a telltale sign of impending labor). And he gave someone in the hallway a "thumbs up" after he looked.

Sigh. I need to get a life. And I will. Right after the baby is born!!!!
    PGM35 and redsox girl like this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I even keep my Kindle Fire next to my bed. When I get up to go potty, I check on her. I love it when Corey and Alyssa wave at the camera as they leave her stall. Did you see Corey taking pictures of her underneath tonight? Probably going to send them to the vet to update the state of her teats (a telltale sign of impending labor). And he gave someone in the hallway a "thumbs up" after he looked.

Sigh. I need to get a life. And I will. Right after the baby is born!!!!
    Did you see the update this Morning? April is still pregnant. I'm beginning to think it's really a bad case of gas lol Poor thing, though. She sat down last night. She had to lean on her bended front legs, while trying to get her belly and back legs properly sorted.
    They are going to keep a video of the birth so anyone who misses it can log on and see it. I was going to say I called the Animal park on your behalf , but it doesn't sound plausible.

I know deployed units are watching, children's hospitals, retirement homes, schools, police stations and mental health centers. I think we all have a life, maybe that's the problem. Watching April , waiting for this new, innocent life to enter the world is a way to feel hope Unity and serenity. Millions of people from all over the world have this one thing in common. IT's beautiful.

Oh gosh, yes, teat watch 2017! April really loves her caretakers and vice versa. They give her stomach kisses and rub her. She almost kicked the vet yesterday. "Get your cold hands off my stomach!!! Don't you know I'm a lady with a 150 lb. baby inside me???"
    image.jpg16997784_1008812549252210_3451517502534059799_n.jpg
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-07-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...oost/21874671/

Dobby was born a week ago at the Denver Zoo. So, if you need to see a baby giraffe, check him out.
    Thank you for the link. He's adorable. I know he was a bit sick, but he's bounced back. Yeah!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I took pictures of my kitties today after brushing their teeth and giving them a bath. They're so fluffy now and smell so good!

Squirt: My tiger-striped boy

Pip: Look how big she's gotten!

Punkin, Brooks, Gutmutter and 4 others like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Beautiful family, Pik. They take after you!
    pikachu and Brooks like this.
    Lynda

AZ, guess which giraffe has held off having her baby because she knew you were away? lol This is the longest pregnancy in history lol
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread