+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3965Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I got so lucky with Tank - he is so laid back. He's not the type to get all excited with new people and won't jump on them when someone comes around. He loves on me but that's it and he listens when I say stay or sit or come when I call him. My mom is so impressed with him now that although she never allowed dogs in the house, she has now waived that rule for Tank. He's not the spazzy dog that we've always brought around before and he doesn't "smell", at least to her he doesn't. and he sits and stays where he is (mostly) if I leave the room and he knows I'll be back.

While I was visiting the folks, I left with Dad to go get breakfast stuff and Tank stayed with Mom. Now he's never been 'that' anxious when I leave but he's in a new place so he's not all that comfortable yet when I leave a room. Then he saw me leave the house and heard the car!! So he hops off the couch where he's on the old comforter and jumps up next to where my Mom was sitting. She's freaking out because she doesn't like dogs and doesn't want him on the 'good' cushions but doesn't want him to bite her if she pushes him off the couch. They are watching Steel Magnolias so he's hearing crying women and he's getting sad and antsy and just wanted to be close. I come home with Dad and see them sitting side by side and think WTH. Haha. All is good and all she says is, well he doesn't smell so bad like most dogs! I think he has won her over!!
    way to go Tank!

16826022_1574760889217988_6432710930423978226_o.jpg
    Punkin, Brooks, navybelle and 3 others like this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

So I was at PetSmart and saw this "corn" toy, how odd!!! I couldn't resist!

salem with corn.jpg
    Punkin, pikachu, navybelle and 2 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Hahaha, I love that cat toy! You should buy a bunch of them and use them as ornaments on your Christmas tree.

I love your kitty, too. I've had a few black cats and they're so pretty. Of course to me pretty much all cats are gorgeous, except the hairless ones! I like fur on my furbabies.
    Punkin and Cornholio like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

One of my three tuxedo 7 yo siblings, Mama, is so intuitive about troubles with her humans, always has been. She knew when Ray was sick and cuddled up with him when he was ill, though she never did before. She's one of those cats who still have the instinct to change her sleeping places ever four to five days to foil any predators from finding her. And now she has started sleeping on his side of the bed, next to me, because she knows Ray is gone and she is taking care of me. She comes up to me frequently during the day to cry/meow and get my lovie pets. The other two seem to be oblivious.
    Brooks, Gutmutter, PGM35 and 5 others like this.
    Lynda

Mama cats are the BEST Punkin. They are so intuitive. I'm glad she's there looking out for you and staying close to you now... it's some comfort.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Hahaha, I love that cat toy! You should buy a bunch of them and use them as ornaments on your Christmas tree.

I love your kitty, too. I've had a few black cats and they're so pretty. Of course to me pretty much all cats are gorgeous, except the hairless ones! I like fur on my furbabies.
    Thanks Pik! What a great idea... it even has the little loop at the top to hang it from the Christmas tree branches. How perfect!

I wouldn't hang catnip cat toys on a tree! I do only hang soft objects that won't break. ;^)

Punkin, I didn't know that's why cats change up where they sleep. Makes sense. Totally devoted to a particular spot and then suddenly no longer interested in it, LOL.

When hubby was in the hospital for 3 weeks for his heart attack/bypass surgery, calico Dora slept on the chair closest to the front door so she would be there if he came home and needed her (I know this through an animal communicator). Hubby was really touched by this because Dora isn't one to show how much she loves you. Her orange brother TJ sensed when hubby's energy was low during the anesthesia.

Our pets do take care of us. For some it's their most important purpose in life.

Unfortunately the "corn" has no catnip Brooks... it's really a dog toy with a squeaker in it.
    Stargazer161 likes this.

I bought the avocado version of the corn toy for my pups a couple months back. They love it!
    “When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.”
    ― Maya Angelou

UGH. I so want to strangle my little cat! I've been a bit under the weather AND just slammed with work this week, so all I have energy for is work. I've just been coming home and vegging out and sleeping. I went in to the bedroom tonight and she'd pooped on the bed. ARGH! I cleaned it up and washed the sheets and then mustered up the energy to clean the box (which was a few days overdue, but not toxic or anything) and haul the old litter to the dumpster.

Well, I just went in to make the bed - I'd just pulled the down comforter and duvet and a quilt off when I stripped the bed - and all of a sudden, I realize the quilt is wet. That little sh!t peed ALL OVER the bed. Yes, she was clearly communicating with me and YES, I should have cleaned the box a few days ago, but d@mmit, I'm SO tired and I have to be up in like 6 hours. Instead, I'm sitting here doing laundry. The down comforter is a really nice one too and it barely fit in my washing machine. I just couldn't bear to take it to the dry cleaner. Last time I did that I just about fainted at the cost (this was maybe 20 years ago and it was at least $30). This is a new comforter too.

The comforter is in the dryer right now on low heat and who knows how long THAT'S going to take. I only hope it comes out okay. And that I can go to bed before 3 am.

This cat is over 16 and she's NEVER done this before. I'm just praying this is the ONLY time she does it. My parents had a cat that did this way too often and I just do not want to deal with this more than once.

Just feeling annoyed and sorry for myself. I'm so tired. ....and that d@mned cat is a few feet from me, dead asleep.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread