Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Yay! 2017 Kitten Bowl

Sunday February 5 - starts at 12:00 noon

Tooooo cute.

Meet the Starting Lineup for the 2017 Kitten Bowl Video - ABC News

Salem Poolside.jpg

Salem's chronic rhinitis is flaring up but she's enjoying some time poolside.
    pikachu, Brooks, navybelle and 4 others like this.

btw Kitten Bowl is on Hallmark Channel

I wondered about that. Thanks
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I went to the guest bedroom earlier today and Pip and Squirt were nestled together on the same chair resting with their heads pressed together, cheek to cheek. I thought it was so cute I had to take a picture!

Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

A perfect pose, Pik! I'm so glad they get along so well. And jealous. My kitties have always only barely tolerated each other and I always had to deal with territory issues... You are lucky to have such a happy household!

The howling wind woke me up last night and I told Reo not to let me sleep in because I really wanted to make it to morning lap swim. Sure enough, there he was at 5. He wouldn't let me slip back into the dream I was having and I made it to swim on time.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Pip had ringworm on one ear and her tail when I got her. I was treating them both and the ear got better but the tail didn't.

When I took her in for her first vet visit, the vet said they could cut the tip of her tail off for cosmetic reasons but I wasn't willing to do that.

I stopped using the ringworm cream for a few weeks and then started it again and now her tail is healing! It finally has fuzzy fur growing on it instead of being bald and scaly. I'm so relieved that the cream is working. Pip didn't like me putting it on but it was worth it to save the tip of her tail.
    Punkin likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

My Jasper had ringworm when I first adopted him - on the tail and ear as well. I had to bathe him every other day in addition to the topical cream. Fortunately, he was a little guy and I could "hogtie" him with my hands and just dip him in the sink. Unfortunately, it was November and I had to blow dry him to keep him from getting too cold because he had such long and thick fur.

There was no talk of removing part of his tail - maybe because it wasn't right at the tip - but there was also NO talk that I could get it too. I had ZERO experience with ringworm. Hadn't even heard of it, except in passing. So yeah, I got a lovely spot - or, rather, RING - on my hand. UGH. We both healed up pretty quickly but good grief was it uncomfortable for a while. He was always afraid of the blow dryer after that......and the vacuum cleaner too, I suspect because it sounded like a big blow dryer!
    pikachu likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love animals especially dogs my family used to own a pet dog that I loved very much before he sadly passed away from old age, I haven't had a pet dog since then, especially now that I've moved into an apartment alone and my apartment complex doesn't permit loud pets. I was thinking about getting a cat but my mum hates cats so I just bought some pet goldfish instead
    redsox girl and inthegarden like this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

+ Reply to Thread