+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Oh Geek, that is my dream! I love the kitties.

And turtles, I love turtles too

geekthegirl Oh what an adorable ocicat. They are such a pretty breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    And turtles, I love turtles
    If' we're talking about the ones covered in chocolate then I love turtles too!

I'm trying to figure out how to make my kitty picture bigger. So I'll get my kitts on here soon enough.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    All you kittie people, have loved your posts and pictures. We used to have kitties when I was little, but I am so highly allergic to kitties now that I can't even be in the same room with one. My daughter has wanted a cat forever and we just can't have them. So I have enjoyed seeing all your kitties and hearing about them.

I have to share this kitty story that happened when I was about 9. My mom had back problems all her life and had had multiple surgeries on her back. One morning, she woke up and couldn't move her legs. She was laying on her tummy. She reached over to my dad in a panic and says: Help, I'm paralyed, I can't move my legs. He says: If you'd get that damn cat off your back, it might help.

We had a HUGE, HUGE male cat that liked to sleep with my mom. He had curled up on the lower part of her back and gone to sleep and had been there so long it put her legs to sleep.

Hopefully one day, they will find a way to treat my allergies and we can have a kitty. My dogs have never seen one, until last years hurricane's and we had friends stay with us and they brought their cat. The first meeting was the funniest thing. I wish I had videotaped it. My two little idiots had no idea WHO or WHAT this creature was in our guest room and they wouldn't get close, so they stretched their necks out. They looked like giraffe's they grew those necks out so far to try to sniff without actually getting close and the first hiss out of the cat and they were OUT of there!
    They then spent the next 4 days laying in front of that shut door with their noses rammed in the crack.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    As only cat lovers could know and understand....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So understandably funny Bbnbama

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    I'm trying to figure out how to make my kitty picture bigger. So I'll get my kitts on here soon enough.
    Just got Gracie on the Help/Try To Post Pictures thread. It took me forever. Probably because it's soooooo big. Check her out!

Premium Member
    My new kitty Pumpkin and I are heading off to the vet this afternoon to get him checked out. He's doing just fine and the dogs are getting used to him. Last night he watched the Oscars from my lap for almost 2 hours, and with both dogs in the same room. Hopefully, today we can get an idea of how old he is and hope he doesn't have any other health troubles.

Cat lovers (I'm looking at you, Gabriel) - has anyone heard of Munchkin cats, and/or known anyone who has owned one? I came across them by accident online yesterday and I'm in love with them.

http://cats.about.com/cs/breedprofiles/p/Munchkin.htm

All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have two cats and both of them have been rescued from homes that didn't want them. My first cat her name is "Boo Boo."* Shes a calico and we got her from a house that sold drugs. When we went in there the house was filled with cats. The person picked her up and gave her to me to hold. As soon as I saw her I was hooked. When we brought her home she was real skiddish and the only person she would go near was me. She even slept with me which was nice because Massachusetts weather is real cold. After a while she got used to my hubby.
    The second cat we have he's called "Buba"* and hes a reverse point siamese. His previous owner had a boy friend and the boy friend told her that she had a choice either get rid of the cat or quote "I'll have my dog eat it for a snack." end quote well she dropped him off at our apartment and they've been living somewhat happily ever after ever since.

* Cats names have been changed to protect the innocent.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Cat lovers (I'm looking at you, Gabriel) - has anyone heard of Munchkin cats, and/or known anyone who has owned one? I came across them by accident online yesterday and I'm in love with them.

http://cats.about.com/cs/breedprofiles/p/Munchkin.htm

http://www.munchkin.net/lance-nathan.jpg
    Look, it's the kitty version of Daschunds!

How funny would it be to own one of each

I love kitty cats. Any kind of kitty cats.

Munchkins are cute but I really wonder about difficulties they may have just jumping up onto a bed, or a cat tree or the couch. I don't know anyone who has owned one. But anything white and fluffy that purrs gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo
    Cats names have been changed to protect the innocent
    BooBoo and Buba sound wonderful!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread