+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member
    Isn't he gorgeous? We just have to make sure the cat is ok with our doggies.. the dogs will love him so I'm not too worried.

FORT Fogey
    He is the luckiest cat west of the Mississippi River to have ended up with your great family.

I'm so glad you've all decided to keep him!!!

A little brother for Katie and Dolly!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Here he is! I'm happy to say that my husband has agreed that we should take him so within the next day or so he'll be home
    Congratulations! He looks like a baby lion. So darling!!

Pumpkin is gorgeous, Marleybone! Bless you for opening your house and heart to an animal in need. He's very lucky to have you. Speaking as someone who got my two darlings from an animal shelter, I just can't stress enough just how much homeless and/or neglected animals need loving and caring individuals to care for them. He seems like a lovely cat. Let us know how he's getting along with your other babies.

My two kitties send Pumpkin all their love across the Atlantic.

"There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

If the Humane Society asks, your DIL can say he went outside and didn't come back. Which would technically be true. You took him home and he didn't come back...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    MB - he's beautiful!!! Animal neglect is just evil. Glad you're giving "bumpkin" (love it Pom!) a loving home!

Premium Member
    I have lots to do today to get ready; cat food, litter supplies, we're going to set up Katie's puppy crate so he will have a place to go if the girls get too rambunctious. I don't think it will be a problem though, he is very playful and friendly, so I can picture the three of them a snuggled up together in no time. I'm hoping by sometime this afternoon we will be all settled in.

I was a little nervous about taking him without contacting the owners first, but my DIL tried and since she found nobody home and almost a week's worth of newspapers on the porch so it appears they took off and left him to fend for himself. That proves to me that they don't care because I don't know how you do that to an animal. We humans have domesticated these animals and made them dependent on us, so I think we bear responsibility to make sure they are taken care of.

I'm not worried about the neighbor from the Humane Society. I see no reason why the cat would have to go through them if we are willing to give him a home. It seems to me that they already have so many animals that need homes they should be happy when things work out without their help, especially since they told the owners they would not get the cat back if they ever saw him again. Of course there's the small matter of the $65 adoption fee that they won't be getting.

Anyway, I'll post un update when we get him settled in.

give bumpkin a skritch!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Marleybone: What a GORGEOUS BUMPKIN! What a lucky boy! Don't worry about the previous owners (emphasis on PREVIOUS) or the HS. You are so wonderful to take him in. Kiss your hubby again for agreeing on the adopted furrball.

GeektheGirl: You've got a lovely bunch of cat-kin-nuts! They are adorable. They remind of my my aunt's late Minnie. What are their names? Are they bros? sisters?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread