+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fogey
    Oh no, gabriel, this is awful!!!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss and I'll be thinking of you and your entire family as you go through this difficult, painful time.

You're one of the most wonderful animal people I know, so I feel just awful about this sad news because I can imagine how deeply it hurts.

I'm here for you -- we all are, as you know -- so please keep us posted as to how you and all the animals affected by this sad loss are doing.

Gutmutter, Pomeraniac - Thank You. Even today I find myself occaisionally crying, but I think Holly was suffering, even though she didn't let on or my brother & SIL might have taken her slowing down and becoming reclusive over the past few months as attributed to "old age". Christmas when I last saw them, I went to pet Holly (who would normally let you do a few swipes) and she bit me a tad, nothing serious, but I did say that was out of character for her and suggested a trip to the Dr., and even my mom said oh it's just shes getting cranky in her old age. I think I'm just more in tune with these critters and the family still tends to poo poo what I say sometimes because I am still the youngest.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    ...the family still tends to poo poo what I say sometimes because I am still the youngest.
    I know exactly what you mean, gabriel. Keep Mona
    and Joey close to you these days.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Gabriel. sorry to hear about the sad news...at least you know he is better now and not in pain anymore

MRD
    Gabriel,
    I am so sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet. They are members of the family and it is heartwrenching. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Katrina survivor, lost cat reunited at last
    Animal rescue group tracked owner through Internet search service

msnbc.com

Tristan Carter, whose home was destroyed
    by Hurricane Katrina, holds her cat, Cupcake, after they
    were reunited in Atlanta, on Feb. 22.

ATLANTA - When Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans, Tristan Carter thought she had lost everything — her home, a grandfather, two dogs, a cat and a rabbit.

But Cupcake the cat was alive and well after six months of living as a stray in her hurricane-ravaged neighborhood. On Wednesday, animal rescue volunteers reunited the lithe, 7-pound black cat with Carter, who now lives in Atlanta.

“I lost a grandfather in the hurricane. To find a little kitty survived six months, that’s great,” said Carter, holding Cupcake close and thanking the rescuers who found her.

Animal rescue groups have rescued more than 1,200 former pets living as strays in New Orleans and have been working to reunite them with their owners, according to Best Friends Animal Society, the group that arranged the reunion.

Cupcake wore a collar with rabies tags and rescuers hoped to quickly link her with her owner. But volunteer Shelley Thayer could not find a person who matched the tag’s name and address. A phone number on the tag was disconnected.

But after using professional Internet-based searching services, Thayer matched Carter with the tag’s address. The people-finding service provided Thayer with Carter’s phone number.

Carter says her family had given up any hope of finding their pets. In November, they returned to their former home and searched without success.

“God works in mysterious ways. She is a gift, she is here to let us know there is hope,” Carter said. “She’s our good luck charm.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Maveno; 02-23-2006 at 04:16 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Cupcake found her home! I just LOVE happy endings to pet stories. There can never be too many of them!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Regular

I love happy endings.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I am really glad that Cupcake found her home, but it kills me that the workers/bus drivers evacuating people wouldn't allow them to take their pets. I know that it would be a fair bit of trouble dealing with all the critters in these circumstances, but they're family members. I know that I wouldn't go without my boys.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread