+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3735Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I was wondering about that. Would they actually intervene? I live in a small town and will get an answering machine. I wasn't sure whether that was an issue they would send our one animal officer to investigate. I don't hear him out there this morning, so maybe they have decided to bring the dog in.
    I believe that they would definitely check it out. Please do call if the poor dog is left outside like that again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was wondering about that. Would they actually intervene? I live in a small town and will get an answering machine. I wasn't sure whether that was an issue they would send our one animal officer to investigate. I don't hear him out there this morning, so maybe they have decided to bring the dog in.
    You'll never know unless you make the call.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    My pets crack me up...One dog is laying in the sun, chewing on a bone. The other dog (I'm not sure what happened to his bone) wants the bone, he runs to another area, does his "stranger danger" alert bark. Up hops the bone chewer running to "help" and while he's looking everywhere to see where he needs to "help", the other dog grabs the bone and takes off.

I have a teacher cat, she tries to teacher her "not as bright buddy" how to do things. When he doesn't "get it" or is not paying attention, she very softly taps him on the cheek several times...Pay attention! She will repeat the same movement over and over for him. Pretty Cool.
    Ours do the same thing. They whine when one has a toy the other wants. even if there are other toys around, "I WANT "THAT" ONE!".

Also I'm trying to teach Tank to "give paw". They only do this for a treat nowadays but they know it well enough (rote memory) that they can do it on command after the command sit. But it took a long time to teach Jaxi. D.Bo would always try to "help" by showing her, "Here , look, like this, give paw, gimme the treat, I'm doing it, See? The right one, then the left one, which one? I want the treat. She doesn't get it!"

Now, I have them line up and same thing only this time Jaxi is showing Tank! He doesn't care, he wants the treat. Her paw is going up, "like this dummy!" i wish I could get Mike to get some video of it!
    Brooks and inthegarden like this.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Yes. Also, you can be anonymous. It's best to just make the call, voice the concerns and let it go from there. Whether they're taken in or not, it's a valid concern. This cold weather is deadly.

It's not Mrs. Kravitz-like..at all.
    Punkin and Gutmutter like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I really, really hate that! Even when we farmed and had an outside dog, he was ALWAYS able to get inside a building where there was protection from the cold and wind.

It's been bitterly cold here. Our oldest cat, Smokey just insists on going outside, no matter how much I try to encourage him not to. Well, this morning he ate his breakfast and immediately went to the door to begin his usual "let me outside" howl. So I let him out. Then I got ready for work and when I opened the door back up about 15 minutes later he was in the garage waiting to come back in. He hasn't tried to get out since!
    Punkin likes this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

This morning I asked my pretty little calico whether she would be my valentine. I told her there were extra treats in store if she did. I think she's agreed. ;^)
    Punkin, Kip, pikachu and 1 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Aww, that's sweet, Brooks! I think I need to do something special for my kitty valentine, too. I got a coupon from Petsmart the last time I went there and it expires soon anyway so I might as well use it.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

I have a calico too Brooks. Her name is Willow... or as I call her Miss Princess Willow. She rules the roost around here. She's got a bit of an attitude and is very picky about who she deems acceptable to touch her royal fur.

I am dog sitting this weekend so the cats are not happy campers. They will be spending the next couple of days jumping from table to counter to chair to avoid being on the floor.
    Kip and Brooks like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I love the look my cats give me when the dogs sneak and drink out of their water bowl. You really don't expect me to drink after them do you?
    The cats drink out of the dogs water bucket. Best water ever! Isn't that the same?

One of my cat's food trigger is Boar's Head maple honey turkey. He knows when I have that specific turkey and will magically appear. No other brand or flavor interest him. If I bake a turkey breast or chicken, he won't eat it.
    He can be in a deep sleep and all I have to do is pull out the BH turkey...and SNAP he's glued to my leg. If I'm not quick enough to give him a piece, he stands on his back legs and stretches his front paw to the counter to grab my hand.

My other cats will eat any type of meat that I cook for them. They all have their individual preferences so I switch up, beef, poultry and fish. They sniff, well that's not my favorite so I'll trade you. Then I have a Mikey cat. Remember Mikey from the cereal commercial? Give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything.
    I give the birds, birdseed, leftover popcorn, corn bread, etc. I look out the window, and there he is, eating the bird food. At first, I thought he was trying to trick the birds but after watching, he has no interest in catching a bird. He eats his fill and then mosey on off. Crazy.
    prhoshay, Maveno, pikachu and 2 others like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love it! I love it!! I love it!!!!!!

It is such kitty behavior!!!! Sometimes, they have entirely too much sense!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread