+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I like knowing where my gurls are, at all times. I guess we have a different kind of connection.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't know whether to put this in "animals" or "gardens", but my male flame point cat has decided the cottage garden is his favorite place to be. I put in new annuals and perennials every year. Some things spread, other things die out. The colors and blooms are constantly changing. It's right in front of the house. There was no garden when I moved in, but I expand it every year, and now it's huge. Anyway, it always amuses me when I come home and drive down my long driveway, admiring the garden, to play "Where's Skipperdee?". He's always somewhere in the garden, either sleeping or posing like an Egyptian god among the flowers. I'm going to have to start carrying my camera to get some pictures of him. Right now he's curled up under a red rose bush in full bloom.
    Brooks and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

That is so cool Gutmutter.
    Mine station themselves in different areas in the garden. They can hide and be so still. I've been startled by them suddenly moving.
    One of my yellow boys loves to hang out in the top of a holly tree. He goes out in the morning, climbs up in the tree and lays among the branches until it's time to go inside. I can walk by the tree and say "Hey Mack!" and he calls back.
    Brooks and Gutmutter like this.

With all of the chaos that Lola causes in this house, I find that she is the most loving/lovable gurl in the group. That shocked me! Dez, the biggest, is the most gentle and most aloof and can be extremely agreeable whether she wants to or not. Miss Celie, my formerly feral, likes to DEMAND her affection, and she can be rough and extremely pushy. Juliebelle has this thing about shoving her face into mine....and HARD, too!

My 4 muffins!
    PGM35 and inthegarden like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    With all of the chaos that Lola causes in this house, I find that she is the most loving/lovable gurl in the group. That shocked me! Dez, the biggest, is the most gentle and most aloof and can be extremely agreeable whether she wants to or not. Miss Celie, my formerly feral, likes to DEMAND her affection, and she can be rough and extremely pushy. Juliebelle has this thing about shoving her face into mine....and HARD, too!

My 4 muffins!
    Don't you love that they all have their own unique personalities!

Jaxi hates it when Mike is working in the reloading ammo room. It has concrete flooring and he's banging around in there making noises and has no place for her to nap comfortably so she waits for him outside in the hallway or joins me in my room or the living room. I could hear her noisily "talking" to him which is just grunts, mini howls, and snorts really but she was voicing her displeasure to him that he had been in there long enough and it was time for him to watch tv in the living room with her!
    prhoshay and Brooks like this.

We're on our family vacation, meaning that we brought our kitties with us. A lakeside cottage in the woods. TJ is extremely energy sensitive and tends to have difficulty settling in so I asked our favorite animal communicator to chat with them a couple days into the trip. He decided the lake is alive because he can hear a heartbeat. I'm pretty sure it's the base voice of the very distance bullfrogs, because I can't hear them clearly from the cottage so much as feel them (we hear them distinctly in another part of the lake). His sister Dora is mesmerized by the view from the second floor bedroom. She's never been that high and she says it's like being in a tree.

The wet weather creek that the dogs use for summer cool downs has dried up. I brought out their swimming pool and have it under a shade tree. One of my kitties who loves water, has appointed herself the Lifeguard. Everytime the dogs go in for a cool down, she runs and stations herself beside the pool and watches them until they get out. One of the dogs like to stick his nose under the water and splash...She finds this behavior totally unacceptable. DOGS! UGH!
    Brooks and Gutmutter like this.

Precious!!!

These days, when I go to the bathroom (usually with company, of course), Lola always comes in and curls up in the oval sink to hang out. I do find it annoying; she sometimes clears out when I am ready to leave and I need to wash my hands. I have had to encourage her by turning on the faucet while she's laying there.....and she was still not too quick to get out! It must have stuck with her, because she immediately starts moving when I do, now!

Mean Mommy wins again!

So the chickadees built a beautiful nest in my bird house, hatched three lovely babies who I loved listening to chirp when their parents brought food. Then on Wednesday we had the heaviest rainstorm I've ever seen. The water came down in sheets from the roof. The next morning I didn't hear any chirps. I tapped the birdhouse and nothing. When I opened the little hatch in the back I could see feathers. All three little birds were dead, presumed drowned. My little Ozzie and Harriett birdie sitcom turned into Game of Thrones.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread