+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I used to have a pug - many many moons ago. We never tried to dress her up. now I'm sad that we didn't. Jaxi did not like her neckerchief and pulled it off immediately. I guess that's also how we know he likes. A slip of the paw and over the head, and it's off. It's not tied on tight or anything. He really does like it. He has a brown one too. The ratty one (back up thread you'll see it where he's on my lap), was of firefighters at the 9/11 ground zero site putting up flags. I guess we got it at the vet's around 4th of July or something. Like I said, put it on him as a lark and the rest is D.Bo history.

Help! I have a little birdhouse hanging from the eave. I suspected that a bird had built a nest in there, so I wanted to peek inside. When I lifted the house off the hook, a bird (chickadee, I think) flew out and inside was a nest with tiny eggs. Now I'm worried that the mother will be too scared to come back! Does anybody know if it's true that if you disturb a nest the mother abandons it? Gosh I hope not.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When a stupid bird decides to build a nest in my mailbox with the cut-out word "Mail" on the front (it's rather like a birdhouse, to them, I guess) we spend weeks battling over who is going to own the mailbox; I throw the nesting materials out, and they repeatedly put it back in. The bird seems determined not to give up, and neither will I. I think once she sees you are not coming around, she will return.

Lola has been chasing Juliebelle around this house like Jules has taken one of her prized possessions, and she is determined to get it back. Juliebelle, I will admit, is acting guilty but has nothing. Juliebelle will take off running, and Lola goes tearing after her, hot on her trail. On....and on.....and on.....and on. Down the steps.....up the steps.....down the steps.....up the steps.....
    PGM35 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Help! I have a little birdhouse hanging from the eave. I suspected that a bird had built a nest in there, so I wanted to peek inside. When I lifted the house off the hook, a bird (chickadee, I think) flew out and inside was a nest with tiny eggs. Now I'm worried that the mother will be too scared to come back! Does anybody know if it's true that if you disturb a nest the mother abandons it? Gosh I hope not.
    If the nest was disturbed during the egg stage, the bird might abandon the eggs and re-nest. If they are young birds and are being fed, they won't, in most cases, abandon the babies.

I have a set of swallows that build under the porch eve every year. They are used to me being nosy and don't abandon their young.
    This year they raised 5, they are all able to fly now, but their parents are still feeding them.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 06-09-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Fortunately, the mother came back. Now there are two birds, so it appears that a lovely young couple is starting a family in my eave. Yay!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Am I the only person with felines that seem to take great pleasure in walking on/standing on the keyboard of my laptop? I don't understand the attraction.
    PGM35 and Photobabe like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's where your attention is when it should be on them - duh.
    just1paul and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

Amateur cats walk randomly across the keyboard. Professional cats head straight for the function keys.

A lot of times, I'm not even keying when they decide to take the walk or pose. Silly me just hasn't shut the lid on the laptop. They've only turned the display sideways once, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Amateur cats walk randomly across the keyboard. Professional cats head straight for the function keys.
    What type of cat wraps himself around a laptop and sticks his nose where the cooling fan blows on his face? Or sits behind and looks over the top of the screen watching upside down?
    just1paul likes this.

+ Reply to Thread