+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

We feed our cats raw. Thawed raw critters, like mice, chicks and small quail. My husband proudly tells people we feed raw and then often jokes that he has to keep his feet under the covers in case the cats get too hungry in the middle of the night.

My daughter came home yesterday and told me that on Monday the neighbor's dog had been hit by a car just down the street and might not survive. While I should have sympathy for them, I am more angry than anything else for two reasons:
    (1) My neighbor across the street mentioned a couple of weeks ago that this dog gets out of their yard all the time. They are aware of the situation because she kept bringing it back to them.
    (2) They have lived in the house for several months now, which is more than enough time for them to understand that people VERY OFTEN drive too fast on our street.

WHY didn't they take measures to keep this young dog contained so that it couldn't end up getting itself nearly (or possibly completely) killed!?

I completely understand your anger. We had a woman at the end of our street who never got her dog fixed and it was like a puppy mill up there. With all the puppies running all over the road. One day the FedEx guy hit one of the older puppies and killed it. I felt bad for the puppy and really bad for him because he felt so guilty about it but it wasn't his fault. The dogs ran as a pack and it just ran right out in front of him.
    My husband got to where he's just stop right outside their house where all the puppies would be sleeping in the road every morning and he'd lay on the horn. He said he'd hit the horn for a solid minute. She finally got the idea and started keeping them penned up. We were so happy to see her and her family move.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Oh my, that is awful. I would have been frustrated in that situation too!

I found out that the neighbor's dog didn't survive. I feel bad for the kids, but I'm still furious that the adults didn't do something to prevent this from happening.

That is so sad. Poor kids. I hope they invest in a solid fence before they get a new dog. Ugh! People....

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    That is so sad. Poor kids. I hope they invest in a solid fence before they get a new dog. Ugh! People....
    They still have two more dogs. They have a fence, but it is only 4 feet high. The remaining dogs are very small, so if the other dog was jumping the fence (which is a definite possibility) at least that isn't a danger with these little guys.

For animal lovers

DBo on my lap which is remarkable because last year and a half ago, right after Buddy passed away, he wouldn't even get on the bed. He's come a long way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Me, the person who is not a dog person, thinks he's precious. I think boxers are one of the sweeter breeds of dogs. When they love you, they seem to love you completely and love you hard!

A family used to have a female boxer, and we just fell in love when I was in high school.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Me, the person who is not a dog person, thinks he's precious. I think boxers are one of the sweeter breeds of dogs. When they love you, they seem to love you completely and love you hard!

A family used to have a female boxer, and we just fell in love when I was in high school.
    So true! They love very hard! Hate to say it but he's grown on me the big lug! LOL He's a big sweet cuddle bug now. Not quite as much separation anxiety as Buddy had but he'll follow me around a bit just to make sure I'm around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lola just came and stomped all over my keyboard, got all in my face, meowing and purring, climbing across my back. I get it.....it's time for some food! I cradled her, snuggled her, smooched the top of her head. Can't she see that I am occupied with my FoRT? Does she not care??? I've decided that my gurls (especially Lola), like people, become harassers when they are hungry. It finally dawned on me what she was doing when I heard, on the news, about how people tend to get into arguments when they are hungry. That made a lot of sense when I really thought about it. That low blood sugar can make you crazy and cranky. Sounds like the key to cutting off an argument is to feed the grouch who wants to fight! They could be hungry and just not realize it!

Dez is too mellow and aloof to bug me. Ms. Celie will come to give me a lot of love. Juliebelle hasn't really shown that side of herself yet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread