+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

He was just a bit mad at you for leaving him. Mine do that all the time. I get the cold shoulder even if I am late coming home every night. As mad as they are at me all is forgotten when it is bedtime. 4 cats allow me to sleep in my bed.

My son's cat cries when he leaves for work. It is these long heartbreaking cries then she comes & sleeps on top of my head. I had to hit snooze 3 times this morning until she finally moved.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had to battle Lola to get a stinkbug out of my bedroom last night! Most of the evening, 2 of the gurls were darting and dashing around to capture it, but I could never see the disgusting thing. I was watching Fashion Queens, and Lola made a mad dash across the room. I turned off the sound on the television, and finally heard the damn thing. It alit on the wall behind the bed, and Lola made a mad jump....I was right behind her! Had I let her chase the thing off again, Lola would have been jumping and hurdling me all night long, and she probably would have brought her sisters with her. I snatched her back and actually said "Let me get it!" I won! Lola finally flopped over and dozed off, and so did I!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Punkin likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Cats can also be our biggest critics. This morning, Dez comes and sits on my chest/belly and starts staring at my hair.....her eyes grow bigger and bigger and bigger. I tell her "Stop staring at me! Who asked you??" She was right in my face! They say so much without saying anything!
    Brooks likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yep! The half closed eyes...What were YOU thinking? look makes me laugh. I get that...a lot.

We had a cat combing session yesterday and it was 'hiss'terical. I started combing one and soon they were all lined up on the counter waiting for their turn. They rubbed and pushed each other out of the way enjoying being combed. My turn, my turn.
    My yellow boy, who I have a special connection with, jumped on my back, laid down and put his head next to mine purring while waiting for his turn.
    We were all enjoying the time until the Queen Mother walked in and jumped up for her turn. She cleared the counter with one hiss and a swipe!
    Last edited by inthegarden; 05-17-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    prhoshay, waywyrd and Brooks like this.

Too funny. I recently put up a huge screen tent in the yard with several cat perches and a sealed container of treats. It's where I go after work to decompress. My cats LOOOOOOVE the screen tent. It is the only place they get affectionate with me and each other. I can't figure out why that would be. One cat barely even comes in the house now that the weather's nice and one cat will disappear for a day or two and come back, but when they hear the zzzzzzip of the screen tent, they all come running.
    Brooks likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Love it!!!

Lola is absolutely MAAAD for Dez! She's got a huge 'girl crush' on her. Dez seems to truly care for Lola, too, but is more reserved in her affections. I combed Dez out last night...she is starting to really enjoy her comb-outs...and, while she was laying there letting me do my work, Lola came up and started grooming Dez's head and purring. Dez really was enjoying her sister's attention and I just left them to it. Lola loves on Juliebelle, too, only to a lesser extent; Juliebelle will return the affection. They are nothing like Dez and Lola, though. Lola likes to nap in close contact with Dez; she just can't help herself! They can be sooo precious together, as long as Dez's nerves and tolerance hold out!

This damn Lola keeps pinching my feet with her teeth because they are dangling from the bed. I think it's the snatch-up and the yelling that pleases her.

+ Reply to Thread