+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I was gone for a week with a neighbor looking in/feeding canned food last week. When I got back, my big lug of a loveable cat (the white one in my avatar) was mad at me and stayed outside most of the time. I gave him his space but let him know I was available for pets and brushings. Now, a week later, he's still not warming back up to me. I'm a little depressed about it. The two girls have always been independent and come right to me when they're in the house for some cuddles, but Skipperdee was my buddy, and now he's avoiding me. Any words of wisdom?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As much as I hate to say it, he'll get around to you when he does. I guess you could always try bribery, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work. How funny!! You've got a pouter. All things in time.

Lola's in the process of moving shoes this morning. I need another water pistol! It's a shame she makes me take it that far and that it's only momentary. She'll run off and come right back within seconds.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've noticed my boy cats are more sensitive to my coming and goings.
    Also on your trip, you may have somehow picked up a different odor that he is unsure of.
    Just give him time.

Gut, this is a great situation for an animal communicator.

I'm working on communicating with him when I do find him sleeping on my bed or hanging around. I've apologized and told him I'll be here for him now.
    Speaking of communicating (nothing to do with animals) - my dentist died from a massive heart attack last summer and they found a replacement for him. I was having work done Thursday and I swear the original dentist was there looking over the new one's shoulder during the whole procedure. Very unsettling since it wasn't just a momentary "feeling" but a longer term "knowing". I'm not a kook, I swear!
    PGM35 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I don't see anything unsettling about your "feeling", at all. I'd find it comforting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm having kind of a bad day. Not anything I want to get into but anyway... Smokey is usually my husbands cat. He doesn't pay much attention to me except when he wants food. I went out to sit in the back yard for awhile, just to be alone and maybe feel sorry for myself. Smokey jumped up in my lap, rubbed his face against mine, pulled on my hair--which is something he ONLY does to my hubby--and generally gave me all kinds of love and attention. I guess he could sense my mood. It made me feel a little better to know that he cares enough to want to comfort me.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Awwww - don't you love it when they can tell you're down and try to make it all better? That's what I love most about them.
    Count your blessings!

I won Skipperdee back with a taste of his own medicine... it's the weekend so I was sleeping in a little. He wanted to be fed, so he started chirping from across the room. I wanted to extend a dream I was enjoying, so I dropped my arm off the side of the bed and wiggled my fingers. He came and walked into them, so I pet him and he walked off. I ignored him. He came back (repeat 5 times). Then I wanted to go back to sleep so I rolled over with my back to him. He jumped up and curled into my stomach, loudly purring by this time. I got a good snuggle in before I admitted defeat in the sleep department and got up to give him food. hee hee
    Count your blessings!

Huzzah!!!!!
    Gutmutter and PGM35 like this.

+ Reply to Thread