+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I took our baby, Midnight to the vet on Wednesday to be spayed. My granddaughter and I went and picked her up at around 4 pm and got the usual instructions. Try to keep her quiet for a couple of days, give her some antibiotics for 10 days, etc. We got home and all was well. Later, after we'd eaten, Midnight was laying on one of the dining room chairs and I went to pick her up and put her in the kennel for the night. She was laying in blood! Her stitches were still holding but she was bleeding heavily so I called the vet and he said to bring her right back. My sobbing granddaughter and I made a flying trip back to the vet, where he examined her, gave her a shot to help with clotting, and bandaged the incision to help stop the bleeding. He let us bring her home and she was quiet and slept in her kennel next to my bed all night. I swear I woke up and checked on her more than I did with my kids when they were babies!! She seems to be fine now, but did she ever give us a scare.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Lil Bit, how scary! I hope Midnight is fast on the mend.

Whoa! That would be really scary.
    I'm about to leave for a week (daughter's one year anniversary "wedding reception") and am sad to think about the cats being home alone without me. They'll be fine - a neighbor is coming to check on them and feed them canned food and refresh their water. They have a way to come and go and spend most of their time outside anyway, but my flame point male is quite attached to me. I've started talking to him about it in hopes that somehow he'll understand a little. My other cats are his mom and his sister and they both treat him like a little prince, so he won't be totally abandoned.
    Count your blessings!

How scary Lil Bit! I hope Midnight bounces back soon!!

After over a year of looking for the right dog to adopt, I'm giving up. I found a few that I was very optimistic about, but I was rejected every time. For all I know, it could just have been that other people got applications in faster. I started calling breeders in my area who have the type of dog I want, and found one that I like who is about a 2.5 hour drive away. I put down a deposit last week and we will likely get a pup late this summer. I am VERY excited!!

I realize that some people think the pure bred dog thing is silly, but I like to know exactly what to expect when I am getting a dog and committing myself and my family to many years with it!!
    Lil Bit likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am sick, to death, of this stooopid Lola taking one shoe of a pair in my bedroom, and relocating it to someplace completely out of my sight. I've been missing 1 tennis shoe for a couple of months now. I've got plenty of singles sitting around. I know that I could solve the problem by putting my shoes away when I take them off but, realistically, I also know that I am not going to do that. I am not in denial about who I am.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Here's an idea. (Loosely) tie the shoe laces from two shoes together and see how far Ms. Lola gets.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I got all excited about your idea until it dawned on me that the only shoes I have with laces are my athletic shoes. When I finally find my other athletic shoe, I will tie them together, though. Thanks! That never dawned on me. It's annoying as heck when I'm trying to leave the house for an appointment, and especially when I get up at night to make a trip to the bathroom, with the lights off, and can only locate 1 of my house shoes. I do have a favorite cuss word!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dr. Jane Goodall on The Katie Couric Show today. Just in case someone is interested. I wasn't sure where to post this. I just love her.

I'm not a Goodall fan. Years ago she blocked a proposal for a privately funded chimpanzee sanctuary in the US. It would have been a very good sanctuary and there was a shortage of sanctuaries for retired research chimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I'm not a Goodall fan. Years ago she blocked a proposal for a privately funded chimpanzee sanctuary in the US. It would have been a very good sanctuary and there was a shortage of sanctuaries for retired research chimps.
    Really? I wonder why she would do that..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread