+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Oh how cute! She brought you a sock monkey! I love her vocalizations. None of my cats are very vocal. Do you stop and play a minute when she does that?
    Cornholio likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love, love, love kitties that bring you things...as long as it wasn't previously alive, or still alive. I had one who used to bring me my nylon work sock out of the laundry basket, and if I didn't pay attention to what she'd brought me, she go get me another...and another! Charming!

My baby gurls, both, had their first birthdays this month! Thought this time would never come! Some things are better; somethings are worse. They still have my heart!
    Kip, Cornholio and inthegarden like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My baby gurls, both, had their first birthdays this month! Thought this time would never come! Some things are better; somethings are worse. They still have my heart!
    Shay, they're so blessed you took them in last year. And we benefit from all the stories of their escapades, LOL.
    inthegarden likes this.

Awwww, Cornholio, that is so precious!
    Cornholio likes this.

Cornholio, I'm glad you found this thread too. I love her sharing with you.

On that note, it's spring and my indoor/outdoor barn kitties have started sharing their mice with me. They have left a few whole ones on the counter by their food bowls and a few pieces. My creek hunter brought me a bullfrog. It was still alive and not hurt so I took him back to the creek. I'm dreading May, when the snakes start moving because one one my girls loves to hunt snakes (non poisonous). She brings them to the to play with. If the door to the barn bathroom is left open, she takes them in there to play. If not, she will put them in the tractor bucket. yuck!
    Punkin, Brooks and Cornholio like this.

Since my son no longer lives with me, I don't usually have anyone around to come and get a varmint that may have been left on my steps by the back door. I can go to "Eeek!" pretty quickly.....which is another reason why I am now glad to have strictly indoor gurls.

Grosssss!!!
    Cornholio and inthegarden like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Oh how cute! She brought you a sock monkey! I love her vocalizations. None of my cats are very vocal. Do you stop and play a minute when she does that?
    Oh definitely... she gets a minute of chin scratches and a small treat, a Greenies Smart Bite. So this behavior is definitely encouraged. The kitties are indoor-only and have a wicker basket of toys with a lid on it. They lift the lid and dip a paw in to pull out a toy. This is on the opposite side of the house from my office. Toys are all Mocha brings, although back in the day she would bring a hair scrunchy if she found one. She is definitely very vocal and loves to make chirpy throaty sounds if she's looking out the window at a bird or squirrel. She meows for food or attention. If someone is petting her and she's had enough, she makes a very guttural "NOOooooo" sound.

Salem doesn't bring toys, but she has her own fun quirks. As I'm typing on the PC, she will tap my elbow with a paw. Three taps, every time. She wants a chin scratch! My dad was visiting once and he was at my PC very early (6AM) and got three taps from Salem. He thought it was me and said, "Wow you're up early." When he didn't get an answer he looked and it was Salem. He couldn't believe it, LOL.... Salem "talks" too - I think she would be quieter if she weren't around Mocha.

The Bengal cat I had was the most vocal cat I've ever even heard of. He had such a range of vocals and some of them LOUD. Before he figured out the open window above the dryer in the basement he would follow my other cat downstairs and then howl like a dog when she disappeared. I thought a dog had gotten in my house the first time he did it.
    Cornholio likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Miss Celie, my formerly feral tabby, has this desire for me to tug on her ears (like I'm milking a cow's udders) when she wants attention. She comes up and, forcefully, shoves her head toward me until I cooperate, when I'm watching television. It is the most bizarre looking activity; I do it, and she is just purring away.....right-left-right-left-right-left; then she goes and curls up on the corner of the bed and dozes. She's big on demanding what she wants.

I am just an adjunct in her life.
    Cornholio likes this.

DramaMama Juliebelle is showing signs of inconsistent mommy discipline. Clipping her claws was a must this morning, and it was ON. I have discovered when you let them get away without having to deal with less than pleasant situations for most of their lives, when you throw a monkey wrench into what they have come to expect, they don't do well. Cute and adorable is just not a good excuse; they are a lot like children, in that way. We struggled and struggled and, of course, I won but that much trouble is just not necessary. She can be like an eel! She has claws like hypodermic needles! We finally got through it, and she was acting sane when I released her, but she wore me out! Her sisters were just sitting in a circle and quietly watching the show; they are much better about it. Jules is still too cute and adorable, but I have managed to make my life difficult by buying into the feline hoodwinking.

+ Reply to Thread