+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

He's adorable! I'd like to play with him, too, but give him back when I'm done.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't forget to pick up the poop and wipe up the pee.

Better you than me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's my Grandpuppy. He belongs to my son, so he will have the housetraining duties. I just get to cuddle and spoil him.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Just had what HAS to be the battle of the week with Juliebelle. I have let that little wench get away with entirely too much around here, all in the name of adorableness. Big Mistake on Mommy's part. I decided that she needed a comb-out and today was the day. It started out OK, and then the hell was on! She started pulling and twisting and nipping (just barely), and howling. She was determined, and so was I. I actually had to snatcher up and get close to her face and say "No! I am running this show.....not you!" She quieted down for a bit before she decided to try the jerking again; I just kept going. By that time, we had an audience of 3 other gurls up on the bed to see what all of the hoopla was about. They sat quietly and just watched. By the time we finished, there was a huge collection of undercoat in the comb....showing my negligence. At the end, I slowed down, looked into those gorgeous eyes, kissed her on the top of her head and gently released her, and she slowly and calmly walked off. Obviously, we're still friends. The crowd dispersed. She just gave me the long, over-the-shoulder look from the bathroom window. She still seems to be all right.

I plan to take her to the groomer when the weather stabilizes. It blows me away to think of how she could have acted with the groomer, all because I haven't subjected her to a little grooming. She'll get another comb-out before we hit the groomer, just for the experience.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    If my cat is next to me when I sneeze he jumps down as if I was about to cause a hurricane or something, lol. I guess I'm lucky that my cat is mostly laid back and he knows what "no" means and usually abides by it. If I need the space next to me for going through the newspaper or whatever I just tell him a firm "no" when he starts eyeing the space to jump up onto it (otherwise he's all over the pages because why do I need to look at anything anyway when he decides he wants to be by my side, right? ) He turns and goes elsewhere but not before giving me "the look."

I had to quit giving him Whiskas Temptations cat treats. He started throwing up after eating them and after doing some research it seems a lot of cats vomit after eating them.

I had the same results with both the regular and all natural varieties of Temptations. I tried giving them to my ferals and they wouldn't even eat them.
    I haven't had any problems with Friskies Party Mix Treats other than it causing a stampede to the kitchen when any bag is rattled.
    Punkin and ArchieComic Fan like this.

My white cat has crusty black scabs(?) under his chin. I've been putting Neosporin on it, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any clues/suggestions?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My white cat has crusty black scabs(?) under his chin. I've been putting Neosporin on it, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any clues/suggestions?
    Sounds like what is referred to as "feline acne". It can happen when plastic food or waterbowls are used. If so, switching to glass, metal or ceramic might be enough to correct it. Inadequate food like kibble can also contibute to it.

Oh! I did use some plastic bowls around the time it started and then got around to washing their usual bowls. They get their treats in shallow plastic dishes, though, so I'll switch those out. Thank you!
    Count your blessings!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

One of my mother's cousins in Illinois is about 90. He's nearly blind and lives at home alone (as he wishes). He's able to do so because of the help of a very kind neighbor who checks on him daily and does the grocery shopping for him. Last Sunday, the neighbor left through my relative's back door to go through the back yard as he always does. The rainwater cistern collapsed and this man fell in.

Another neighbor's dog started barking and barking. The dog's owner went to see what the dog was barking about and saw an arm waving just above the ground. He pulled the injured man out and called for help. The injured man had 8 broken ribs and his body temperature was 85.

Thank goodness for this dog!
    Brooks and Photobabe like this.

My gurls certainly wouldn't have done that, even if they were allowed outdoors.

+ Reply to Thread