+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

SOMEBODY broke my Galileo thermometer this morning. I am not happy, but I am over it. My back was turned, so I don't know who the culprit was.....it's only 1 of 2. It is strangely quiet and pet-free around here today. I like that, at least, they do feel some guilt.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

One of my daughter's cats (not the one who was pooping on the rug - that one still does it - but only every 3 or 4 weeks) started peeing every few minutes. So yesterday morning she drove the cat to the Cat Clinic to get the cat seen before she went to work. I followed so I could take the cat home. It's normally a 25-min drive, but at that time in the morning it took 45 min. There was no urine in the cat's bladder, so he had to be left there for a few hours. So I went home and went back before lunch to retrieve him.

The cat has a bladder infection and crystal formation in the bladder. He's on two medications. I haven't had to give a cat pills for years, so I wasn't aware that they now have pill covers - a soft cat treat with a hole in which to insert the pill. You pop the pill in and the cat gobbles it down. Very clever.

Saw this posted in the vet's office:

Cat Rule Number 1
    The cat is not allowed in the house.

Cat Rule Number 2
    The cat is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.

Cat Rule Number 3
    The cat is allowed in all rooms, but must stay off the furniture.

Cat Rule Number 4
    The cat can get on the old furniture only.

Cat Rule Number 5
    The cat is allowed on all the furniture, but it is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.

Cat Rule Number 6
    The cat can sleep on the bed, but not under the covers or on the pillow.

Cat Rule Number 7
    The cat can sleep under the covers and on the pillow by invitation only.

Cat Rule Number 8
    The cat can sleep under the covers every night and on the pillow too.

Cat Rule Number 9
    Humans must ask permission to sleep under the cover with the cat; only the cat can sleep on the pillow.

Cat Rule Number 10
    The cat gives humans a haughty and dismissive look whenever they try to use the cat's pillow.
    inthegarden and Photobabe like this.

I get the haughty look when I sneeze. "Sorry if my sneeze offends you, ______." (Insert whichever name is appropriate)
    Kip and ArchieComic Fan like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip, we have similar rules on our refrigerator door, the bottomline of which is that the resident felines must be fed at 5:30 in the morning. ;^)
    Last edited by Brooks; 03-06-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Kip, we have similar rules on our refrigerator door, the bottomline of which is that the resident felines must be fed at 5:30 in the morning. ;^)
    Fortunately, our cat now likes to sleep in. She has an active period at about 11 pm for an hour or so where we hear her chasing around the house. I get up between 5 and 6:30 am, and she's always sleeping then.

What I liked about the rules above, was the evolving nature of them (and always in the cat's favor).

We had been cat-less for about 10 years when my husband called from a flea market to ask if he could bring a kitten home. I said no (because I knew I'd be the one stuck on the work end of things). He called again. I said no again. He called again and I gave in.

I was going to have all kinds of rules about where this cat could go. So much for that! I'm down to one rule - no going on the dining room table. Not that she follows that rule either - but it's the one rule I enforce.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I get the haughty look when I sneeze. "Sorry if my sneeze offends you, ______." (Insert whichever name is appropriate)
    If my cat is next to me when I sneeze he jumps down as if I was about to cause a hurricane or something, lol. I guess I'm lucky that my cat is mostly laid back and he knows what "no" means and usually abides by it. If I need the space next to me for going through the newspaper or whatever I just tell him a firm "no" when he starts eyeing the space to jump up onto it (otherwise he's all over the pages because why do I need to look at anything anyway when he decides he wants to be by my side, right? ) He turns and goes elsewhere but not before giving me "the look."

I had to quit giving him Whiskas Temptations cat treats. He started throwing up after eating them and after doing some research it seems a lot of cats vomit after eating them.
    Kip and inthegarden like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Cattitude. How appropriately persnickety.

This stupid gurl is now throwing my shoes around the bedroom.

Why? Why? Why? Why me?
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This stupid gurl is now throwing my shoes around the bedroom.
    Style is important. Is she getting good height?
    Punkin and just1paul like this.

My son and his girlfriend are getting a new puppy in 2 weeks. He is an English Bulldog and his name is Cooper. I'm so anxious to meet and cuddle with my new grandpuppy!!!
    Cooper.jpg
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread