+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I'd love to have a Russian Blue! I am very fond of gray kitties. The angular handsomeness also makes me weak!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

PhoneGrrrl, Czar was lucky to have had such a long and wonderful life with you. My condolences to you.

PhoneGrrrl I'm sorry. I'm thinking of you.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'd love to have a Russian Blue! I am very fond of gray kitties. The angular handsomeness also makes me weak!
    My boy is not a Russian Blue but he is a solid dark gray. At night, he is impossible to see. I have to turn lights on if I get up at night to keep from stepping on him. When he is not being a leg anchor, he loves to sprawl out and I mean sprawl out on the floor beside my bed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so this morning, I've figured out why I become a Lola springboard in the mornings. This seems to be about "feed me" time, or I'll just keep doing it.....backandforthandbackandf orth. If I don't turn on my side, she dives straight into my gut and springs off. Boink! If she's not treating me like a springboard, she treats me like a dead log that is laying across a stream to allow access to somewhere.

My other gurls don't treat me like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You don't have school children at home to deal with instead, you have circus performers.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I like that, ITG! I have circus performers too! I can snuggle with my pups for late morning hours, but the "kittens" (now the only cats) get up to crazy antics at about 6 a.m., knocking down picture frames, trying to eat plastic, anything that can make noise. And it doesn't even how full their bowls are, they just want me UP! I should rename them the Flying Wallendas

The time change will be a respite for all of us whose cats like to wake us up early. My Skipperdee chews and claws at my hair. After this weekend, when they think it's 4 a.m. the clock will say it's 5. Maybe I'll get to hear the sound of my alarm again.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    After this weekend, when they think it's 4 a.m. the clock will say it's 5.
    No! No! No! Cats can tell time. You can reset your alarm (for 4) but don't change the time on the face of your clock. The furballs know!!!

I think our cats even know about the imminent time change and have been practicing. We get up at 5. Kitties usually make racket around 4, but lately it's been closer to 3.
    inthegarden likes this.

My cats are wall climbers, chair tumblers, food bowl rollers. They scratch their claws down the wall which resembles nails on a chalk board as well as visions in my sleeping brain of paint peeling off the walls. There is the run through the house to the bed room and take a flying leap to the chair by the window. The chair rocks back and hits the wall...vision in my sleeping brain of a window crashing and holes in the drywall. Or pulling the window shade down with teeth to send it rolling up fast...or if it can't be opened, sitting on top of the chair and pawing the shade out to sit with the shade over there heads to see outside. I live with kangaroo circus performers. I call them my double D's...D = demons.
    just1paul likes this.

+ Reply to Thread